Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day...My Very Own Love Bug

I have never loved Valentine's Day.  Not because I don't enjoy presents or fancy dinners, but I always just thought that when you love someone…your love should be shown throughout the year.  Not just one specific day.  I did thoroughly enjoy getting Blip four days before Valentine's Day two years ago…he was the best gift I've ever received.  Last year I don't even remember Valentine's Day…sad, but true.  Blip wasn't old enough to care anyway, but this year was different.

I have been trying to leave activities for Mike to do with Blip during the day (other than watch movies), and I like to have fun things to do with him at night (if we have time) and on the weekend.  So when a holiday is coming up, it's fun to find activities centered around said holiday.



We didn't get to do too many over the last month…with me being out of town in Hawaii and then at Disneyland.  We did make Valentine's for the Grandparents, and we sent one to Aunt Kristi, too.  I did a few other little things (like heart attack the pantry door with things I love about my boys), and I did get to make super cute Valentine's for Blip's class at school/daycare.  I found them on Pinterest…bought all the stuff I needed and then went to Hawaii…and then Disneyland.  Luckily, they were super easy to make because I ended up making 15 of them Thursday night.






I love the way they turned out.  And they were perfect because I call Blip "Love Bug".  It's even better when he calls me Love Bug back…  And now I have a huge bag of gross bugs.  I could make bug Valentine's for years to come, but I know I will find something better for next year.



Anywho…Mike ended up being scheduled for training all day, and I only had to work about 4-5 hours to finish up my week.  He was picking up the baby while I was driving home, so I was surprised that I actually beat him home.  I couldn't be more than a minute or two ahead of him, so I waited in the garage…thinking that they would pull up any second.  About 10-15 minutes or so later they finally pulled in the driveway…about one more minute and I would have been worried (enough to start calling him). I opened the back passenger side door to see my boy…he switched classrooms this week at daycare, and he's had a rough time adjusting.  I was anxious to see how his day went.



When I opened the door he was holding a large bouquet of flowers on his lap for me…and he told me, "flowers!"  They were beautiful…and even more because he and Mike picked them out for me.  It was a sweet gesture…and inexpensive enough that Mike knew I would love them. :)  

We ended up at Fajitas for dinner.  Not exactly the best place for our uber picky eater, but it was the only place that didn't have a nearly 2-hour wait at 4:30pm.  Geez…Carrabba's and Oregano's were ridiculous earlier than normal.  After we ate we went to the park and played until it was dark and then headed home for ice cream sundaes.



Blip went down perfectly, so Mike and I settled in to watch a movie and honestly…just to be married.  Unfortunately, Blip was awake about two hours after he went to bed…he was hungry, we think.  He never really ate any dinner, so we got him up, fed him, played with him, and then he went back to bed.  And Mike and I went back to being married.  All in all it was a great day…no complaints whatsoever.  Sometimes just being married is all it takes.

****

I did get Blip a little gift from us, but I didn't give it to him until the next day when we had a little more time.  I finally decided on which magnet letters I wanted to buy…I know, I know…I have issues.  I haven't finished the thing I bought to make into a place he can play with these magnets yet, so we played with them on the fridge.  I should have taken a picture…he was so cute with them.  So excited that the letters all stuck to the fridge. And then he ran off to do the next thing.  Boys. Two year old boys.  But I sure do love him.

No comments: