We go to the park a lot. Blip and I go several times a week…especially when the weather is so beautiful. We love to ride the bike through the neighborhood and then play on the slides or swings before heading home for dinner and "a show". Our park is great, but it gets boring, so we try to visit other parks to see some new things. There is another park in the neighborhood we like quite a bit, and there is one a few miles away that is fun, too. I heard about a new huge park opening still in Peoria, but further south. We decided to check it out one boring Sunday afternoon. It was warmer than usual, so I was hoping the splash pad would be open. I'm new at this mothering thing…splash pads don't open until mid-March or mid-April…and they close in October. At least the one at Pioneer Park.
We still had a good time. There were wayyyy too many kids there for my liking, but the toys were new and different and fun. Blip seemed to like them quite a bit.
He went through his first tunnel (other than the small one we have at home)…he tried to stand up and was a little confused on why he couldn't. But it only took that one time to figure it out…he was a pro after that. He tried out all the slides we'd let him climb to. There were three sets of equipment- small, medium, and large. He was perfectly capable of playing on all of them, but the biggest set was pretty big…and there were too many big kids, so he stayed on the two smaller sets.
They also had several different music making things on the small set of toys. Blip tried out some of them, but was more interested in sliding…which isn't abnormal for him at all. My favorite toys are the springy things. I have no idea what they are called, but they are my favorite at every park we find them at…including the park by the beach house.
We will definitely go back to Pioneer Park. There is a huge lake for fishing, a dog park, baseball fields, and what looks to be an awesome splash pad. I can't wait to see Blip's excitement over that.










No comments:
Post a Comment