We seem to travel around the Valley searching out parks…some just because, some for their location, and some for the amenities. We like the park in Anthem for many reasons, but the train is our main reason for making the drive. I like the train at the Anthem park so much more than the one at McCormick Ranch, but maybe that will change when Blip is a little bit bigger/older.
It always amazes me from one trip to the next (ref: the parks that we don't go to super often) how much bigger Blip is than the last time. The trip prior to this one he could barely climb up on the smallest playground equipment. This time- he was running like a crazy person…up the ramp to find Daddy, down a huge slide to Mommy…and repeat. He is still too little to let him run free (of course I will think that when he's five…and possibly 18), but we try to give him some freedom and some space to feel sone independence…he has to figure all of it out somehow.
We always start with the train and then head to the playground. One of the negative things about the park in Anthem is the crowd. We've never been when the playground is not just crammed full of people. I usually scout out the moms that have comfy chairs or blankets spread out to lay on while reading a book…letting their kiddos play for hours. I always remind myself that I will get to sit down (and read a book) again someday…and then we move on to the slides. Blip REALLY enjoyed himself this trip.
He has absolutely NO fear…he loves to climb, slide, swing (there are NO bucket swings at this park--HUGE negative), and run. He isn't into playing with other kiddos quite yet, but he is happy and polite…always greeting every person we pass…everywhere we go.
He still LOVES his boots…and wears them every chance he gets. I let Blip wear them out when we are running errands or doing miscellaneous tasks. Mike refuses and makes Blip put on shoes that match his outfit…so mostly just a pair of Nikes or Converse. I think he's cute in his boots…and don't think it *always* matters. I try to pick my battles with Blip. I figure if he gets to make decisions on things WITH me at times…then it's easier to push the things I NEED him to do my way. If I pushed EVERYTHING…I think he would push back. So far it's working. He rarely gives me a hard time about clothing, shoes, etc.






No comments:
Post a Comment