Mike and I talked long and hard about names....first and middle. A lot of thought and time and effort went into our discussions. It was a serious business....it's Blip's real name FOREVER! It had to be cute, but something that could be taken seriously. It couldn't be overly popular...we didn't want everyone to have Blip's name.
We originally talked about using "Patrick" or "Scott" for the middle name....depending on which first name we chose. We didn't really talk all that much about it because I never thought we'd actually have a boy.
The day we found out Blip had a penis....Mike expressed how much he really wanted to use his first name for his son's middle name. I loved the idea....it's Mike's dad's middle name too, so it's special times two.
We debated about the first name. I think we both knew what it would be, but I really wanted to see the baby before I made any official decisions. Jackson has been my #1 boys name for well over a decade....long before it was popular. I brought up the name Cody as an alternate because Mike didn't love the name Jackson. We both loved the name Cody and we both loved the one Cody we knew. Cody is married to Rebecca........one of my oldest friends.
I didn't know Cody all that well before they got married, but I think I know him well enough now. And I love him. Not in a romantic, mushy way....more like a brother. And I love that he loves my friend. And I love that he is a good husband...and I love that he is a fantastic daddy. Cody is good looking, strong, he's a hard-worker, he's handy, he's funny, he's smart, he is selfless.....he is everything in a man that you would hope your daughter to find and bring home.
The more I thought about my name choices, the more I loved the name Cody. I love what it represented. I still wanted to wait and see what the boy looked like. I didn't want to give him a name that wasn't fitting....what if he didn't look like a Cody OR a Jackson? We would have been in trouble....big trouble. :)
Mike and I finally named our son the morning after he was born. After we snuggled, kissed on, stared at, and breathed in his air....we knew he was a Cody. It fit him.
After seven months.....he is definitely a Cody. After seven months...I finally got a picture of my two favorite Cody's.
Don't worry....he will always be Blip to me (at least on here).

1 comment:
"Michael" is also the name of my dad's dad. So, Cody's grandfather also has the middle name of his father. It has a strong history indeed.
Post a Comment