Monday, September 10, 2012

Grandpa Dale

I've know Rebecca for well over half my life.  I've loved her since the very beginning....even if there were some dumb girl moments thrown in the mix.  One of the many things I've always loved about Rebecca- her family.  Her sweet brother Chris loves my sweet sister Raelynn....and vise versa.  They were buddies before Rebecca and I even met.  He even seems to know me...and gets happy when he hears my voice too.

I have loved her parents since the very beginning.  Her mom is awesome. She is so thoughtful, and she has always been so nice to me.  I've never felt anything but welcome in their home.  Rebecca's dad is no different.  Dale was intimidating to me as a young friend of his daughters, but it didn't scare me....he reminded me of my dad.  Except my dad's bark was much louder.  We laughed that our parents were so strict.  Dale has always been so kind to me....and he is so fun to talk to.  Down to Earth and LOVES to hunt. He may be one of the nicest guys I know....always happy to see me and treats me like family.  I don't see all that much of Rebecca's parents, but when I do...you'd think I spent every weekend with them.  They treat me (and Mike too) like old friends.  They are wonderful.



So....I've been wanting and waiting for my Blip to meet Rebecca's parents and her brother.  I need to take Raelynn for another visit.  I have felt overwhelmed with work and the baby, but I should really make the time.  Rebecca had their third baby about three weeks ago, so this past weekend they had everyone over to meet Miss Reese Ella.  She is a beauty....simply perfect (just like their other two girls).  #3 has a TON of hair....complete with awesome highlights....and she is perfectly tiny.  I need a picture! :)



Mike, Blip and I arrived for the party a few minutes after 2pm.  Darlene, Rebecca's mom, got to meet Blip a few weeks ago at Miss Lori's house.  But she came over to say hello....and she took the baby for a few minutes.  Dale made his way over to where we were so he could meet my son too.  He took Blip from me...and the baby took to him immediately.  Dale is the perfect Grandpa....I think it might be his true calling.  He has a beard, and Blip was so interested in it.  He has never seen anything like it, so Dale taught him all about it.


It's funny to me how much joy I get out of watching Blip interact with other people...watching him make friends and learn new things is awesome.

No comments: