Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grandparents' Day

I decided to step outside my comfort zone last week.  I am NOT artistic.  I am NOT crafty.  I am NOT.....but I want to be, so I decided to start now...while Blip is young.  That way....maybe by the time he is old enough to care...I won't suck as bad. :)  Or maybe by then I will just go back to normal and we can purchase our gifts like normal people. :) haha

I found a project I thought I could handle.  I actually bought all the supplies BEFORE the week after I needed to have the project completed.  This gave me a much more likely chance of actually doing the project.

Since I spent all the money on all the supplies, now I HAD to make the stupid project.  So...I locked Blip in his high chair and went to work.  After he had enough of me and "our" project, I bathed him, put him to bed, cleaned up my mess.....and was happy to be finished.



It wasn't as bad as I thought....and actually turned out pretty dang cute.  I guess it wasn't a complete mom FAIL.

And that's a good thing.

[I will have to update this post when we actually see the Grandparents.  Hopefully soon....since Grandparents' Day was LAST Sunday.  Then I can post pictures of the final product AND pics with Blip and both sets of Grandparents.  Looks like I need to work on my timing still.  I finished the project BEFORE the date, but my delivery timing is a total FAIL.  Oh well....can't be good at everything. :)]

1 comment:

Dandi said...

I'm excited to see the finished product! It looks exciting from the way his foot is all colorful.