Patience has never been the virtue at the top of my "I can do that" list. I have enough to get me through, but when I can avoid waiting...I usually do. I prefer to use the "buy it now" feature on E-bay...even if I have to pay more. I rarely wait to tell Mike what I got him for his birthday. I'd rather miss out on sleep if it means I can finish whatever it is I'm working on. (At least pre-pregnancy...now I just like to sleep.)
As you can imagine, the 2 1/2 years it took us to get pregnant were hard...for more than one reason. We found out relatively quickly what our issue was...then after Mike's surgery, we had to wait 90 days to find out the results. Longest 90 days ever. Our IVF cycle started mid-April, but we weren't able to do the transfer until the last day of May. That's a long freaking month and a half. It took 11 days to take our pregnancy test after the embryo transfer. I almost died.
So here we are...finally pregnant. Time seemed to nearly stop. Bed rest was beyond any torture I have endured. The weeks seemed to drag on and on. Dr. Austin had us set-up an appointment for week 17 to have an ultrasound to determine the baby's gender. I was only at week 12, so five more weeks seemed like another lifetime.
I finally made it to 14 weeks...and into my second trimester. I started trying to think of a way to get to week 17 faster. Since that's impossible, I started looking into getting a 3D ultrasound. Our insurance wouldn't cover it, but I found a few places that did them for a reasonable price. Very reasonable.
At 14+ weeks, gender can be determined. (That ultrasound is only the regular 2D ultrasound, but we can go back between weeks 28-33 for the 3D and a 4D ultrasound.)
I called to make the appointment...much to my delight, I was able to get an appointment the very next day. Next, we invited a few people we thought would be as excited as we were...and life was good.
The ultrasound tech was great...she knew exactly what to do to get Blip moving. Blip likes to have crossed legs, but that makes if very hard to see parts. The lady doing the ultrasound (I didn't even get her name?) had me cough, drink juice, sit up, lay flat, etc until she caught a quick glimpse of a very distinct part.
A penis. She froze the screen and everyone cheered...Mike's mom looked like she was in shock. I'm sure my face looked the same. Mike looked happier than I have ever seen him.
I will say this: Never in my wildest dreams did I think for even 1/2 a second that I would hear the words, "It's a boy!!" Before my trip to the ER last week, the thought had honestly never crossed my mind. The last baby boy born into the Buvala family was over 18 years ago...and he was from a non-Buvala male source. There have been many granddaughters, but that's it...only girls.
Until now.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago




3 comments:
Nate comes from all boys and so does his dad. We figured boys were all we could make until we got Emma. It's nice to change it up every once in a while :)! Congrats again, I am so excited for you guys!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! THIS IS SOOO WONDERFUL!!!! YEE HAW x 1,000!
LOVE IT!
I just found out I'm having a little girl but she was very uncooperative! I didn't get to drink juice or cough. I had to get on all 4's with my butt in the air to see if gravity would work. THEN my husband took out his cell phone and took a picture. Ugghh. She still didn't really let us see her face! I've been reading your blg for a long time and am SUPER excited about all of your baby news!
Post a Comment