I decided this morning that I should give in and make an appointment. When I didn't feel any better with sleep and rest, I finally felt something wasn't right (enough to call the doctor).
I called at exactly 7:30am when the office opened. I explained my situation to the girl who answered the phone. She quickly dismissed me and sent me to Dr. A's medical assistant's voice mail. That was the same girl who dismissed me a few weeks ago...sent me to voice mail and then I ended up in the ER.
I decided to let it be for a couple of hours. I slept a little on and off...and then decided at nearly 11:30am that I wasn't going to get a call back...at least not before the late afternoon (just like last time). So, I called again. Another girl answered...so I explained everything to her...and was very clear that I wanted to get in with Dr. A asap. She said she could get me in a 12pm. I'm glad we live so close (finally we are't 30+ minutes from one of my doctors). Mike jumped out of bed, and we rushed to the appointment.
I'm not against adoption, but I want to make that decision on my own...not be forced into it. That doesn't even touch on my concerns about having surgery while Blip is still developing. That may be the hardest part to get over...I just don't want to put him in jeopardy. At all. Even if the risk is low. I don't want to take any chances.
When we finished with Dr. A, we did an ultrasound to measure my ovaries...and to peek at the baby. Blip is still a boy. He is getting such long legs...and he moves a lot. He makes me happy...just to see that he is growing and the tiny heart is still beating.
I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. That ultrasound will be much more in depth (measuring all of the baby's organs and stuff). Dr. A wants me on bed rest until at least the next ultrasound. My ovaries seem to have actually gotten bigger...instead of smaller. Ugh. I am still hopeful that they will cooperate, but I will listen to my doctor and do what's in the best interest of my health and Blip's health.











No comments:
Post a Comment