I also thought I should journal about my trip to the ER last Thursday. I woke up with horrible cramping. This time it wasn't just on one side (usually the right side)...it was like a band going around my lower belly and my lower back too. Way different than any of the other cramping I have experienced.
I was also sick in the night, so when I called my OB, she wanted me to go to the ER to make sure I wasn't dehydrated. Ugh. I really didn't want to spend another $150 (our new copay for the ER went up from $125 to $150 this year...awesome.) at the stupid ER for them to tell me my ovaries are huge. Like it's some new phenomenon....nope- it's just me.
Hello, my name is Randi and I have huge ovaries.
My sisters immediately took me to the hospital. I wasn't dehydrated...and I refused any pain meds (hello...growing a baby over here. I'll take the pain before I poison my child.), but I did get another ultrasound. It was definitely the highlight of the trip.
Sydney was with us at the ER, so she came with me for the ultrasound. I knew it would be the last one she would be with me for, so I was happy she got to be the one to come with me. The ultrasound tech was awesome. I knew it was too early to see any "parts," but he still tried at the end. Blip had its legs crossed, so that was that.
Everything looked great!! We have seen the baby's hands and fingers a few times...the baby has even "waved" at us. This time...to make Mommy super happy...Blip decided to kick its legs for a little show. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. By far my favorite ultrasound so far. Just don't tell Mike...I made him stay at work, so he missed it. Who knew? :)
I did not get any pictures from that ultrasound. Damn.




6 comments:
Cutest little blip I have ever seen !
I am just sitting here thinking about the shopping I could be doing too! Hurry up and find out, the stores are calling my name :)
That makes me so happy to see!!! Oh my gosh...makes me want to cry with happiness :) Can't wait to find out the flavor :) Love ya!!
When life gives you lemons, you make babies out of them.
Ha, sorry, that was probably REALLY lame. And weird sounding. But I had to get it out of my head. :)
I'm so happy to see how this is progressing for you.
So, when this baby is born, do we still get to call it Blip? :)
Thanks for your kind thoughts and for your prayers. You are in mine all the time as well. Sorry about the ER visit, but glad you had an awesome ultrasound!
At my last ultrasound they also commented on how large my ovaries are...One more negative thing about IVF. Hope yours are starting to calm down and make room for your cute blip!
Post a Comment