I was sitting on the couch one night last week when I got the sudden urge for ice cream. I looked at the clock...11 minutes to 10pm. I sat there for a minute...wondering if I could even get to Dairy Queen before they closed. I kept telling myself I didn't even need the stupid ice cream...so I talked myself out of it and walked down to the bathroom instead.
While I was washing my hands, I started thinking about the ice cream again. I walked down the hallway towards the family room...I checked the clock again. 8 minutes until 10. I sighed...and decided I could make it.
I slipped on my flip flops, grabbed my purse and keys and headed for the garage. I started laughing at myself when I realized how FAST I was speeding southbound on 67th Avenue towards the Dairy Queen. Sad...but funny. I have never had urges for food the way have lately...it's very interesting...and fattening.
I made it into the drive-thru with only a moment to spare. I ordered my small Snickers Blizzard (with extra Snickers)...and happily drove the speed limit home.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment