Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blip in the Road

I have been experiencing some pretty awful cramping since Friday night...which then turned in to some spotting Saturday night.  Dr. B asks me every week if I have ever had any spotting...then she tells me to call her if I ever have any cramping or spotting.  She said she is available 24/7...just use the after hours answering service and they will get a hold of her.

Unfortunately, Dr. B is out of town speaking at a conference...I don't know when she comes back.  My appointment on Monday is with the PA...which is fine.  She knows us and is up to date with everything that I have been going through.

The other doctor in the office called us back (after three calls and an hour and a half).  He said to double my progesterone...so now (lucky me) I get to do a shot in the morning and a shot in the evening...plus my other progesterone supplement before bed (I hate that one more than the shots).  I did stop my estrogen patch this week, but not sure that has anything has to do with this.

Robyn, Richelle and Syd came over.  We all gathered up in my bed to laugh and keep our minds busy.  Bill came with Robyn and kept Mike's mind occupied.  He was so stressed...he was making me stress more.  I felt pretty calm, but his pacing and sweating was making me nervous.  I love that he cares so much...it brings me comfort to know he is in this with me 150%.    I am so thankful for my family...always there...no matter what time or where they need to be.

I am a believer that whatever is supposed to happen is going to happen...even when it is hard to take.  I have been on a modified bed rest, but now by butt is parked up in my bed.  If I am supposed to carry this baby to term...we will get there.  We are doing lots of praying...and lots of napping.

I also pulled out this letter from my mom. 

                                                                    07/14/1991

My Dearest Randi Renae,

I want to write a letter to you so you'll know how much we love you and how thankful we are for you.

When you were barely started (I was about 3 months pregnant), I had problems.  One night I started bleeding very badly and Daddy rushed me to the hospital.  At first we were afraid we'd lost you.  But then the doctor heard your heartbeat and we were very relieved and happy.  The doctor warned me not to do any lifting (not even a bag of groceries) until you were born.

I didn't have any more problems.  Then one Sunday evening, on March 2nd, I started having labor pains and Dad took me to the hospital about 10 o'clock p.m.  You were born about 15 minutes after 1:00 a.m.  You were strong, healthy and beautiful.  I thought you were a miracle after that bleeding 6 months before.  I cried with joy.

I thought your birthday (3-3-80) was pretty neat because I was afraid you'd be born on leap year and not have a real birthday.  You were so close.

You were loved so much by your sisters, and your brother wanted to look at you all the time.  Dad had to fight everyone to hold you.  He got the middle of the night times a lot, holding you on his chest.  Grammy and Grampy were here and they loved you too.

We had been saving a name we really like - Randi.  We thought it was cute, just like you.  Then we thought of Aunt Renae and thought that sounded perfect, Randi Renae.  We have always thought it fit you perfectly, cute and sweet.

We love you with all our hearts and want you to be happy in this life.  We know that we come to this life to have joy and we hope and pray that you will discover how to have joy in your life.  You are special and have many talents waiting to be discovered.

                                         With all our hearts,
                                                     Mom & Dad

It gave some comfort for where I am in my life right now.  I miss her more than I can express.  I am so thankful she took the time to write so many letters so we would have the chance to feel her so close when we need her.  I hope she knows I have found joy in my life...I had to find it more than once, but I've found it again...and I love it.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Where is the lobe button on blog?! I lobe the letter ur mm wrote to u, who knew how much it would mean to u now!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail B said...

I love you Randi Renae!!!! That letter from your mum is just perfect. (I have a letter from my mom too)

Stefany Pew said...

Such a beautiful letter and perfect timing for you to read it. Little miracles and blessings sent from above. How special! I didn't know you were having these problems. I will definitely pray extra for you. I want to meet that little blip so bad, but not for another 7 months!!!!! We love you little blip. Stay strong in there! Mommy is taking care of you and loves you so much. :)