Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Where in the Hail Did That Come From!?

I was talking on the phone with my Prettiest Sister today...I had just pulled into my garage after work and she was driving from one client to the next.  We were talking about whatever random crap we talk about every afternoon...but the strange weather was one of our most important topics.  Well over 100 degrees last week...Nearly 100 degrees yesterday...then today- a freak rain storm, and temperatures in the low 70s.

All of a sudden, she said it was pouring rain...SO hard she couldn't see 10 feet in front of her vehicle, let alone the other side of the intersection.  She said it was POURING rain.  Then...it sounded like a war zone through the phone!!  We had been hearing reports of hail all day (mostly through facebook)...but we couldn't believe how much hail was slamming into her newly-paid-off mom mobile.  It sounded painful.

As quickly as her machine gun sounding hail quit...I started hearing loud thumps against the windows.  It was so loud and so hard it sounded like someone was throwing a baseball up against the window(s) over and over.  I  grabbed my camera, opened the back door and tried to catch some shots of the incredible storm...without getting my camera wet.  (we stayed inside...no worries.)
The pictures don't do the size of the hail justice.  Let's just say, I'm glad my vehicle was safe, sound, dry and dent free in the garage.

No comments: