I woke up the next morning and asked how he was feeling...he said his head still hurt, but he was okay. I left for work only to get a phone call a short time later asking me to come home and take him to the ER. I should have forced him to go the night before...
I got home, changed my shirt (I had been at the range and was filthy and had sweat through my clothes...I figured a clean, dry shirt would at least make me feel human) and loaded Mike into the car. We headed to Arrowhead Hospital and signed in. We were seen very quickly...especially for ER standards. They have a new policy that everyone is seen within 30 minutes (or something like that). We were the only ones in the waiting room, so I figured it would be quick.
The PA came to see us first...she went over medical history and the current issue. It was funny that Mike's answer to the question "Have you recently had surgery?" was NO. Um...Hello? July 2nd ring a bell with your man parts? Or how about your colonoscopy a few months back..?? (it's invasive, so they consider it a "yes" to surgery...even though it technically isn't.) We got a good laugh outa that one...
The PA ordered a CT scan...just to be safe. Mike has never had such a severe headache...and it lasted more than 24 hours. He said his pain was a 7-8 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst). The CT scan was clear...not even a sinus infection....and luckily nothing worse.
They gave him three shots- (1) Benadryl, (1) an anti-nausea medicine and (1) for the pain...I have no idea what the 2nd two are called. The Benadryl worked in minutes...so he slept/rested until we were discharged. Then we picked up some chicken strips and a Blizzard for my favorite patient...then it was home to the couch to rest.
As you can tell...Mike was not in the mood for my picture taking for the blog. Oh well...I still snuck a few.

1 comment:
Migraines suck @$$.
I had driven myself to urgent care for bad BAAAD ones in the past. It's a wonder I managed to get there and back. Glad he had you to transport him...and take photos of him. LOL
Post a Comment