Written on: October 8th, 2010
Well, we had our little procedure today...and I think we were both nervous. It's a lot of money to spend with negative results. Not that it's all about the money, but...well...there's only so much of it. And when that's gone...I'm not sure where we'll find more.
We did this same procedure (IUI - Intrauterine Insemination) a few months ago...before Mike's surgery. When Dr. Behera came into the room for that procedure, she wasn't thrilled with the numbers. She gave us the opportunity to cancel because the numbers were so low there was very little chance of conceiving. We looked at each other and nodded. We both wanted to at least try...I'd already taken (and paid for) all the hormones, Mike had already done his thing...we were already there, we should just do it. We did...and we weren't surprised when it didn't work.
THIS time, Dr. Behera came into the room and was VERY pleased with the numbers!! Yay!! This is a first for us...so I didn't even know what to say. Mike looked so pleased...and relieved. She went on to say that whatever he was doin' was workin'...so keep it up. Mike's numbers were in the normal range!! His total count was 46 million per ml and the motility was at 40%!! We couldn't believe it!! That stupid surgery actually worked...and not just a tiny bit- it actually WORKED!! Dr. Behera said they don't test the morphology when they are preparing the specimen for the IUI because they don't want to damage any of it. But even the forward projection was a little more in the normal range (which just means the sperm know which direction to swim...instead of just swimming circles around the short bus).
We are so thrilled. Last time there were only 1 million swimmers for the IUI...this time there were 8.1 million per .5ml. That makes Mike count normal!! (The ideal number would be about 15 million per ml. So minus the other issues, the count was normal this time!!) We just need that morphology to correct itself and we'll be good to go.
We are praying this is our month...we are praying this is the last procedure we need to do. This is the first time I've ever been "nervous" about starting our family!! I was laying there thinking, "What the hell are we doing!? Am I even old enough to have a baby!?" I've decided that no one is ever "ready".
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment