A few months ago I vowed to give up my beloved Pepsi. I still allow myself one (big one) on the weekends...but I'm pretty much soda free the rest of the week. I'm over the hump, but plain old water gets old. So...my Prettiest Sister helped me fall in love with "water pop" (as Jake calls it). Water pop is basically just carbonated flavored water...it comes in many different flavors. My favorite is Peach. Although water pop is made with aspartame, it does not have sugar, sodium or caffeine.

One of the first thing my Prettiest Sister taught me was to open the bottle slowly and/or over the sink. They have the tendency to explode. The first one I opened didn't quite "explode", but it did get all over my hands. So the next...I don't know...50 bottles (maybe more...who knows) I opened over the sink (the bathroom sink at work), the garbage can, out my open car door, etc. I made sure to only open these fizzy drinks in a safe manner...until last night.
I had opened so many so carefully...with NONE exploding, so I figured I would live a little and open a bottle of my favorite peach drink while standing in the kitchen, between the island and the fridge...watching TV. I filled up my extra-large cup with ice, set it on the counter and slowly began to twist the top off my beverage.
As I twisted the cap around, it suddenly went "FIZZZZZZZ" ...and then all I remember is seeing a fountain of clear (sugar free) liquid oozing all over the floor, the counter, the stools under the counter, the fridge, on the rug, under the fridge, on the other counter...covering papers, receipts, the DirecTV box that I had just set on the counter and all over me. I'm not sure how, but somehow the liquid missed both of my purses (work & non-work) (which is a bonus since the last liquid incident my purse and I encountered was at the Bon Jovi concert when the drunks behind us kicked over their beer before they left early...that was awesome. It was a different purse too...so that would even be worse to have multiple bags liquefied.)
I just stood there for a minute...trying to figure out how or where to walk...since I was dripping sticky liquid...and I was standing in the middle of a large puddle...I wasn't quite sure how to begin. I tippy toed down the hallway..all the way to the laundry room to get the mop bucket and a rag. As I stood there dripping on the floor, I realized we left the stupid red mop bucket outside last weekend. *sigh* So I tippy toed back down the hallway...grabbed the key for the back door...hurried outside...grabbed the stupid bucket and then realized I had to drip all over the only part of the kitchen floor that wasn't already wet in order to fill the stupid bucket.
I spent the next hour on my hands and knees mopping up the mess. It was everywhere...and we have a lot of tile. I say that to myself every time it's my turn to mop, but it is especially annoying when I do it on my hands and knees (which is he best way to mop the floor...thanks a lot Dad for that life lesson that I can't seem to forget).
I finally got it all cleaned up...and when I grabbed my cup of melted ice and my mostly empty bottle of water pop...I wasn't even thirsty anymore & I really missed Pepsi.

2 comments:
let me solve the problem for you - go back to our beloved pepsis and screw the waterpop! (even though it is a cute name)
sorry about the hour you spent mopping but i am very glad that you didnt get any on your other purse like you did at the concert!
mopping is the worst, meh!
Post a Comment