Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturdays

Normally my Saturdays are a whirlwind of cleaning the house, grocery shopping, getting bills paid, running errands...you know- the normal Saturday stuff that has to get done...even when I'd rather lay on the couch and wish someone would offer to do it all for me...for free.  Saturdays are even more hectic when there is an engagement of some sort added to the list...

Today has been a little different.  We had to set an alarm to make sure we were awake in time to get ourselves ready for the day AND still have time to get the boys up and ready for the day...at least Derek.  Derek had to be up and ready to head over to his house to take care of the dogs and still make it to baseball practice by 9am.  Mike decided he would take Derek...and off they went.  That was nice. So I started on my chores...and in between, I helped Carsen & Jake wake up, get dressed and eat breakfast.  Then they climbed (literally) up into our bed and watched a movie until the other boys got home.

At about 11, we drove out to a friend's pet spa/wash in Surprise...she owns the pet wash and she works with the bulldog rescue.  Since the boys love dogs, we thought it would be a fun time killer.  We had a good time and saw some cute bulldogs.  Then we headed to Costco and Sportsman's Warehouse so we could pick up a few items.  Too much money later, we're back home...watching movies, playing on the computer, walking around saying "I'm bored!" and "I'm hungry!"...ya know...the normal crap kids say.

I guess after the movie we'll head out for a swim...I keep praying the weather cools down a bit and the water will be too cold.  Not because I don't want to swim, but because I am sick of this heat!!  Having said that, I was pretty lame this Summer.  I am whiter than normal...you'd never know I had a pool.  Lame.  I think my only color has come from crime scenes during the day.  That's really lame.

OH!  I have also been playing with my new camera.  I finally found her a bag, bought a UV filter...so I have officially removed her from the box and into her new home.  I stopped by a great little shop named Foto Forum near 7th Street and Camelback Road.  I love the expertise and the prices are so bad either.  A guy named Randy helped me.  I liked him...a little strange, but he's a camera geek. :)  He even let me touch the stuff I wish I could afford to buy...
So I've been playing around with my camera...just getting used to it.  Been doing some reading...it's been a long time since I was in my HS photography class...that's for sure. 

I guess it's time to figure out what to feed my four boys for dinner.  Lunch was $25 at Sonic...what crock.  Greasy over-priced food.  Now time for something better all-around.  Just not sure what that is yet.

p.s have you heard the new Bon Jovi single yet?  I think Jon is getting hotter with age. **sigh**  The lyrics are great too...take a listen.  Really listen.

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

Sounds like a great weekend....and I can't believe how much Derek looks like your dad! :) Darling boys!

Carol said...

sounds like a great/busy day!

It's My Life said...

Several comments.
1. I Love Jon. Every thing about him. THat song rocks!
2. Your new camera takes beautiful pictures. Wow! What a difference.
3. THanks for keeping my boys and loving them like your won. WE really needed it!
4. I love you, to the moon & back a million times