Mike & Cody spent 8+ hours deep sea fishing on Monday...while Rebecca and I were treated to a few hours at the spa!! We (the girls) agreed we would happily go fishing if they (the boys) chose to so a 4-5 hour trip...but said we just couldn't handle feeling sea sick for 8 full hours. They (the boys) debated back and forth about what they wanted to do...and ultimately decided to do the 8 hour trip. Cody had never been deep sea fishing, so it was the right trip to pick. We (the girls) didn't care either way...especially since we had spa appointments to take up our time!!
Mike & Cody arranged our timeshare presentation to include an 8-hour fishing trip on a brand new 31 foot boat for only $200...whale watching tickets 4 for $30 & 4 free tickets for a sunset dinner cruise.
I'm not sure how much fun they had...Mike caught one fish (a yellowtail Tuna) and Cody "chummed" the water four times. I think they still enjoyed themselves..??
When we arrived, there was confusion...after it was quazi-worked out, we headed back to change and begin the relaxation only a spa can bring. The girl in charge of my massage (or so I thought) cane to get me...she handed me a pair of purple paper/plastic-ish undies and a matching tube-top type covering. She told me (really she just pointed at the purple "covers" and then pointed at the parts on my body she wanted covered...I really need to learn Spanish) to put the purple stuff on under my robe and follow her.
I followed her directions quickly, and she led me to her room with a massage table set-up. I thought she told me she would cover me in a sheet as she pointed to the sheet already on the table...but after nearly hanging myself with my robe's belt after I sucked it up and laid on her table in my new purple underwear...she came in and said something about me needing to be UNDER the sheet already ON the table...oh boy.
She did my massage...and it felt wonderful!! I assumed, like every other spa I have ever been to, she would finish up and walk me back to the waiting/relaxing area to rest before my next appointment. Nope. She started right in on my detoxification...using olive oil and sugar to exfoliate my ENTIRE body. Yep...only a few areas were left sugar free. Other then being slightly weirded out...it felt great.
But if I thought being exfoliated in places that didn't know they needed exfoliated was odd...it was a bit more awkward when she turned on the shower in her little room and told me to wash off. Huh? Um...with you in the room? Do I leave the purple ensemble on to shower? Is there soap? Are we done? Do I lie back down wet? OMG these undie-thingys HOLD water...so when I turned the crotch area and "dumped" all the water out...I must have lost a good 5 pounds of liquid my diaper had been holding onto...okay- now that all the water is drained- Are we done? Do I lie back down wet? OMG could I have been more uncomfortable?
Turns out- you do lie down wet, still wearing the plastic diaper outfit...this time on top of the sheet and she does another little massage...with lotion this time. Very nice. After my heart attack, I really enjoyed it.
After that...Juana took me back out to the waiting room. After I disposed of my fun new purple clothes, Rebecca was also brought back. The only problem-she was done with all three of her appointments and my girl forgot my facial. Oh well...I was fine with that. My massage was great and after the unknown of the detox thing...it was great too. We sat in the steam sauna for a bit and then headed back to the room.
We cleaned up a bit, and then headed for a little shopping and lunch. We walked around the mall (that did not have Mexico pricing) for a while and then sat down to eat lunch at a place called Senor Sweets. The food was sooo good!! I had a chicken salad stuffed pita thing and Rebecca had a crepe stuffed with chicken, peppers, corn, rice with a yummy green sauce on top. Both were excellent. They serve Gelato...so I am pretty sure we'll be heading back there for dessert before we depart for good.
The boys returned from their semi-unsuccessful fishing trip and we all walked back to the hotel together. We spent a while in the hot tub and then cleaned up for dinner. As we were getting ready, Mike & I could hear what sounded like waves...we brushed the sound off to being waves from the ocean...even though there have been NO waves to break at our beach & we are quite a ways back to hear a breaking wave (if there was to be one). Luckily, Mike looked outside and saw the hot tub "freakin out". It was spilling onto the balcony and the jets were shooting more and more water out of the tub and onto the floor. We called maintenance & prayed they would fix it while we were at dinner.
We walked next door to a place called "Billygans"...they cooked Mike's tuna...which was SOOO good!! I ordered shrimp wrapped in bacon smothered with cheese (which was fantastic) because I was unsure if I would like the tuna...boy was I sorry. It was some of the best tasting fish I have ever had!! The blacked some and grilled some...they served some with the most amazing caramelized onions and then had several different sauces to try on the tuna. Holy crap it was awesome!!
After dinner...we spent more time in the hot tub talking and laughing. We waited until the clock struck midnight...wished Rebecca a Happy 30th Birthday and then headed off to bed.
p.s. I did lose a few of my extra "married" pounds prior to coming to Cabo...I am pretty darn sure I have gained them all back and probably a few more. The food is incredible!! We have not had a bad meal...they seem to be getting better and better. However, I haven't ever really experienced heart burn before...well, now I have...every single night. Ick. Did I mention the food is incredible?

1 comment:
ok spa for sure no question but um ya, weird water diaper thingy and stuff - i would have had a heart attack too!
Post a Comment