Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Years Worth of Resolutions...in Review

A year after making several "resolutions" for 2009, I wondered how well I did at keeping them..?? Let's take a look...shall we??

1. I ran for a few months at for the first few months of 2009...then hurt my back and spent a few months in physical therapy...then moved & other than hiking/running a few times, I haven't really done a whole lot but eat. This has been the worst year for me physically...so it is a HUGE goal for me in 2010 to be better (and lose the 10+ pounds I've gained since getting married).

I did do a 5k & plan to actually RUN one this year!!

Those awesome running shoes I got...then sent back & re-purchased...they need sent back again. Ugh.

2. I did graduate from NAU in May 2009!! Yay!!

...and with graduation came THE most AMAZING diamond earrings!! (one of my best goals EVER!!)

#3 & # 3.5. No Wii and thus NO Wii Mario Kart. Sad.

4. I did NOT learn how to sew, but I did get a sewing machine for my birthday...I really need to take a sewing class. Trust me on this one....

5. Unfortunately, there was very little (if any) OT to be had...so the wedding is far from being paid off. Oh well..good times.

6. I did make time for my friends. I was lucky to spend quite a bit of time with Kim the months before she died...which led to some wonderful friendships with new friends. I also have spent more time with one of my oldest friends, Rebecca (or Becky as I know her from our younger days...).

7. I have spent more time with my dad...just not enough. We only went to lunch a few times...and only once or twice with Grandma. This year for sure....

8. Nope. No unfinished projects completed. Not one. Still have a LONG list...and it's growing. I've been praying for an extra non-work day every once in a while, but I haven't been granted one yet. Again, oh well...maybe in 2010.

9. I think I actually drank MORE Pepsi in 2009. Crap. In 2010 I will drink less...for sure this time. :/

10. There were not really any big vacations to be taken with Mike in 2009. We went on a few quick trips (good quick trips), but we were saving every extra penny we could to buy OUR house...so we decided not to take our annual "big" vacation in May...bleh. We are anxiously awaiting our tax return...and my 30th birthday for a nice big trip. Can't freakin' wait!!

So my goals for 2010 are to finish/complete/work on my unfinished goals from 2009 and my projected goal for 2010 is still the same.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how that one works out.

3 comments:

Carol said...

i like how you set goals for 2009 and can look back and see how you did. that's awesome! 2010 is your year sista!!

THE FLEMING FAMILY!!! said...

It was fun to read your blog and to see how you went back and examined how you did...I really like the goal for this year at the end... I am hoping that happens for you guys as well as ourselves :)

The Willeyes said...

I hope 2010 is the best...and you get the things you want most :)