It actually wasn't really that hard of a decision to make...especially when the alarm clock went off at 6:15am.
It was a glorious day of nothing. No projects touched or mentioned. No cleaning. We did cook breakfast & dinner, but that's because we wanted cinnamon french toast & grilled cheese.
We lounged around for all of the AM hours...Mike had to get his hair cut at 12:30, so he left for that & I figured it was probably time to get dressed, wash my face, brush my teeth, etc. While waiting for Mike, I was checking out Facebook and saw my friend Peggy's status...about eating white chocolate popcorn from our friend's bakery (Sweets Unlimited). Holy crap- I couldn't stop thinking about that stupid, but oh so delicious white chocolate popcorn!!
When Mike returned, I announced that I thought we should rent a movie & eat white chocolate popcorn!! He laughed, but drove me to the bakery...we bought two bags of popcorn, two cinnamon rolls (for tomorrow's breakfast), a lemon square, a rice krispie treat (for Carsen & co.), & an eclair (the big one). We also got a tour of the "back"...it must have been as fun for me to see Halloween cookie/candy/cake decorating in full progress as it is to play in a police car when you aren't a cop. (Um- can you see how dang cute those mummy cookies are!? The cookies I have decorated (with all my heart I might add) have NEVER looked like that...they are so stinkin' cute!!)
We left with our loot and headed to find food. We stopped at Barro's Pizza (YUMMY!!) and had Chicago (my fav city) style pizza, wings & cherry coke. It was a great lunch...one of our favs.
We headed to Blockbuster and rented "State of Play". It was a pretty good movie with some good twists. I'd say it's worth the $1 red box rental...not Blockbuster raping @ nearly $5.We watched almost all of the movie, when it was time to pick up Carsen from a birthday party & deliver him to Anthony. Richelle was at a work conference & Anthony was at Derek's ballgame with Jake. I was the most under dressed "mom" there...and felt really out of place. But once Carsen saw me and his eyes lit up- those other mothers coulda kissed my a......well you get the point.
We stayed a bit at the ballpark in hopes to see our MVP, but Derek had just been replaced by the "other" catcher. We stayed for about 25 minutes, but had to get home to make a Craigslist sale...
We finished our movie...made a quick dinner (grilled cheese with Havarti is really good!!) & that pretty much ended the day of doing nothing. Although after typing this...it seems we did quite a bit. Hmm. No chores or projects though...and that's what counts.

3 comments:
What a perfect day...and those cookies are darling! Glad you had such a fun day :)
mmmm white chocolate popcorn! give me some :)
Aw, I'm glad you guys got to have a relaxed day off together! Sounds LOVELY. Man, I love havarti. It's my favorite. I especially like havarti and cheddar on sourdough,(or whole wheat) grilled. YUM.
Post a Comment