Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

I was looking over the calendar for October a few weeks ago and realized the ONLY weekend available to go to Pumpkin Patch would be the 18th or 19th, so I sent Sarah a text…hoping that weekend would work for them.  It did!  So we made plans to go to the same Pumpkin Patch up north that we went to last year…Freeman Farms in Chino Valley.




We made the arrangements and started talking it up to Blip.  THis year he seems really interested in the holidays…last year he couldn't have cared less, so this is a fun change with his age.  Ms. Barbie decorated her house for "Halloween Time" (as Blip calls it) and we went to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party, so I was hoping he'd be getting in the Halloween mood in time for our Pumpkin Patch visit.  




The three of us talked about going to the Pumpkin Patch ALL week.  Last weekend we were out of town, so Blip and Mike didn't get any time off together.  This week was a normal work week except Mike had Friday off instead of Monday.  I talked up going to the Pumpkin Patch as much as possible, and we also talked about our family day on Saturday every night on FaceTime with Daddy before bedtime.  By the time Friday night rolled around Blip was excited…not sure if it was the Pumpkin Patch or the fact that all three of us would be together, but he was excited.  He continually asked about going…and then made sure all three of us would be together- "Mommy, Daddy, and Codybear at the Pumkin Patch, Mom?"  







Poor kid…we are together so rarely it seems it's starting to weigh on his mind.  Mike and I live for the weekends…I guess he does too.



On Saturday morning Blip woke up around 8:45 and started calling for me (which is not typical…he usually calls for his daddy).  So I went into his room and said, "Good morning!"  The first thing out of his mouth was, "Pumpkin Patch day!"  I scooped him up and we hugged and jumped around with excitement about our fun plans for the day.  



He was so happy when it was finally time to load up in the "new car" to get outa town.  Grandma, Grandpa, and Ivy rode with us and we caravanned with Patrick, Sarah, Molly, and Tucker.  We arrived with about three hours to spend doing activities at the Pumpkin Patch.  




We started with the carousel, but Blip didn't want me to stand by him…he wanted me to ride my own "horse".  However…the animal next to his little grey horse was a big pink pig.  Since I feel like balloon…I guess it fit.  We spent a few minutes in the petting zoo, took a hay ride (he LOVED the tractors), took a train ride, saw some horses, danced around on the stage, rode a little tractor, and finally went to find a pumpkin.




We searched and searched for the perfect pumpkin…taking a few obligatory annual pictures as we went.  The weather was hot in the beginning, but was really beautiful by the time we were searching for pumpkins.



After we finished up at the pumpkin patch we stopped for dinner in Prescott Valley at the Cracker Barrel.  We always have the best time…glad this has become one of our favorite traditions.

No comments: