Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mickey's Trick or Treat Party: Part 1

A few months ago Richelle asked if Blip and I wanted to go to California to visit Kristi and to go to Disneyland for Mickey's Trick or Treat Party.  I was super excited and really wanted to go another time (or two) before Blip turns three.  We figured out a weekend that worked for everyone, bought out tickets for the party, and waited.





The day finally came to leave, and we were ALL excited.  We left a couple hours earlier than expected, but got stuck on I-10 for a couple hours because of a horrific collision.  We ended up not getting in until after midnight…Blip only slept for about 45 minutes in the car, but he was way too excited to sleep when we arrived, so he didn't go back to sleep until about 2am. 











The alarm to get up for California Adventure went off around 6am.  I was a little nervous our day would be awful because Blip has never only had four hours of sleep.  To my happy surprise he did awesome and even took a two hour nap in the stroller mid-day.  He is the best!  He really is.  Plus it let me take a good rest from walking while everyone else went on a few rides we couldn't go on (like Cars).  We also got to spend a little bit of time with Jen and Blaze…they spent the week there, so we were able to hang out for a bit.







We spent the day enjoying California Adventure.  I was able to go on a few of the rides with Blip, but Brooklyn was amazing and took him on a few things I couldn't (or didn't want to).  He loved the carousel and the "rockets ships" the best, but also enjoyed just about every ride in Bugs Land.  He was too little (by about 1/2 an inch) to go on Soarin', so hopefully next time we are there he can fly with us.  We also spent some time in the Wilderness Explorers area.  Blip was just about big enough to do everything…and he LOVED it in there.  He would have been happy to stay in there the whole time sliding and climbing on everything.








I love World of Color…and now there's even more reason to love it.  We got to be super close this time and I put Blip on my shoulders so he could see the whole show.  He was mesmerized by all the lights, water, fire, music, and pieces of the movies shown.  I loved the magic before having my own kiddo, but seeing and hearing his excitement and love for the magic as he experiences it all makes it even better.  And more magical.  I absolutely LOVE it.

No comments: