Friday, October 24, 2014

Girls' Trip

Over the summer, Michelle asked us girls if we wanted to take a weekend trip to California.  We all broke out our calendars and picked a date in October that worked for everyone.  October seemed SO far away, but it came quickly...especially after Natty had Dawsyn in August!  Time seemed to move even faster. 


We made some tentative plans, and decided to wing it on most of the weekend.  Initially Michelle wanted to go to Disneyland, but in the end we decided it would be too crowded (Halloween weekend) and too m much for Michelle. So instead we did other fun things...like shop, eat, and get pedicures!  We drove over on Friday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon.  It was a great weekend with the girls!




Friday night for dinner we went to Ruby's on the Pier.  I had never been before...I think I'm the only one who hadn't been to that beach.  Not sure how that happened, but it was a fun first!  A fun first with milkshakes and humidity!






On Saturday we shopped a bit and then had yummy soup in bread bowls and salads at BJ's Brewery.  Then we headed to a local place to get pedicures.  Saturday night we spent time at Downtown Disney before heading to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner.  Michelle had never been there, but we thought it would be a fun place for her to get her Disney Fix since we didn't actually go to the park.


The weekend went by too fast, but it was a nice few days away from real life spent with amazing friends!  Dawsyn joined us and was a PERFECT angel the ENTIRE trip.  She was the perfect age to tag along and we all took turns kissing and hugging on her sweet little self.


I don't have a ton of girlfriends, but the few I have are amazing and priceless.  I love them each so much and I'm thankful they are in my life.

No comments: