Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Transfer Day

Our big day *finally* came.  Our appointment wasn't until 1:15pm, so we actually had a nice day together before having to be in Tempe.  We dropped off Blip at school just before 9am, and then we went to see my dad.  After my dad gave me a blessing, we went to lunch…just the two of us.  It was really nice.  Almost like a date…we were even nervous.


We finished eating and headed to the FTC.  We arrived on-time (shocker!), and we were escorted back immediately.  I got changed and waited for it to be my turn.  Dr. B came back to see us…and she had a huge grin on her face.  I immediately had a flashback to our first transfer day.  Dr. B didn't smile once the entire time we were with her.  There was nothing to smile about.  It was an awful day…that somehow turned into one of the best days of my entire life.


This time was happy the entire time.  Both of our embryos made it through the thaw (not sure if that's what the official name is, but that's what I call it).  Dr. B said that every cell survived!    I was soooo happy!!  


She also brought us this picture of our embryos.  Apparently the one on the left is/was stronger than the one on the right.  The one on the left must have been the one they called our "superstar" last transfer day.  There were two that originally got that name, but one didn't make it.  The second one was the same quality as my sweet miracle baby, so we have joked that's the embryo we were rooting for…we'll take another perfect "fair to good" baby any day.

After only a few minutes of waiting we were walked back to the procedure room.  I had the fullest bladder ever…and I had even emptied it a bit so it didn't burst.  In the ultrasound picture…my full bladder is the dark section above where the arrow is pointing.  The arrow is pointing at the transfer spot…or the "sweet spot" as Dr, B called it.  It wasn't quite the *flash* of light I remember, but last time I thought we transferred medical waste just so my body could throw it away. 


This time I have been hoping and praying our *superstar* or our *fair to good* embryo hung on for dear life.  I think I might be a tad bit more anxious this time.  Just knowing this is it.  Ugh…make everything that ugh harder.

I spent all weekend (from Friday afternoon through Monday night) in bed.  I finally went downstairs Sunday night.  I sat outside and watched Mike and Blip swim…felt wonderful to get some fresh air.  It cooled down enough that it wasn't unbearable, too.

And now we wait.

No comments: