Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July

This year our 4th of July plans included Daddy working…and the Blipster and me on our own.  I wasn't too sure how to spend the day, but it ended up being a pretty dang good holiday.



Blip and I met Uncle Rob at Scottsdale Fashion Square and spent a lot of the day shopping.  Rob just redid his house and needed some towels for his brand new bathrooms, so we helped him find some.  We also learned a lot about the Tesla (and I want one in 2017 when they start at $30k…much more affordable than the $93k model we looked at), found Blip a few new outfits, bought Rob some new shoes, and ate lunch.  



We had a lot of fun…for being at the mall, but it was fun to be together.  I like to watch Blip interact with Uncle Rob…and I love that he calls him "Unlce Rob"…and he gets excited to see him.  That makes me happy.





After we left the mall we drove to do something more Blip's style.  We ended up at Desert Ridge, but he fell asleep in the car, so I let Blip sleep awhile before we headed for the splash pad.  He was a little hesitant at first, but he quickly got the hang of it.  It was his first splash pad experience, but definitely something we will be doing more of this summer.




At one point Blip looked up to find me…he saw me and smiled…and then saw who came to surprise him- Daddy!!  Mike was headed to grab lunch, so I told him he should come eat there with us.  He was only able to stay a few minutes, but it was still nice to see him.







I guess I should mention his wardrobe malfunction!  It was soo funny!!  I packed a "just in case" bag for the pool and tossed it in the car.  All I put in the bag was an old swimsuit, a couple of swim diapers, sunscreen, and crocs.  The swimsuit I grabbed was the one he wore most of the summer last year.  I guess he wore it a little more than I thought…and the sun did it's thing too.  Poor kid…his suit wouldn't stay up and then it would fill with water, so he was running around with trunks that wouldn't stay up and then they would get so heavy with water that he could barely walk!  It was soooo funny.  I tried using my hair clip to hold his trunks up, but that only lasted a minute or two.  Finally I gave up and decided to put him in his black cotton shorts that were "extra" clothes in his backpack.  They were a perfect fix.  Note to self: get rid of that old, no working elastic swimsuit!







We finished up and headed home.  Once we were home, we painted, colored, and played with some toys.  I got out something new for him that I found.  He seemed to really like it…and lacing each bead really kept him interested.







However, it didn't take long for us to be bored.  We sat on the couch and watch part of Rio 2 and then went to Dave and Laurie's to watch them set off some fireworks!  We had a lot of fun…and Blip LOVED the show.  Blip even tried cherries…and LOVED them!  His eating has come a long ways since starting at Miss Barbie's.  We left there and headed to McDonald's to share an ice cream cone.





We called Mike on our way to see what they were up to and ended up heading to watch fireworks at the police station.  It was the perfect place to see the show the water park had…minus the crowd.  Blip LOVED the show (and his tour of another police car), so I was glad to have made that small effort.





By the time we got home, showered, and into bed…it was nearly 11pm.  He fell right to sleep, but before he did I told him to sleep a long time.  He said, "Okay, Mama."  And he meant it.  He didn't make a sound until 11am.  Dang I love that kid.

No comments: