Monday, July 14, 2014

Sea World

We spent Sunday on the beach and at the hotel pool.  Kristi, Nick, & Ryan came to spend a couple days with us, so we had access to the new pool.  Blip would have been thrilled to spend all day every day at the pool…swimming his pretty much his favorite thing to do.  Although he seemed to like playing in the sand quite a bit, too.



Monday morning we woke up and headed to Sea World.  Mike and I took Blip last year, but we were both excited to take him again this year.  We got our tickets from Costco, so for seven consecutive days we could go to Sea World, The San Diego Zoo, or the Wild Animal/Safari Park as much as we wanted.  Before we went in the park we signed up for "Dining with Shamu" for lunch.  I have been to Sea World numerous times, but I had never done the "Dining with Shamu" program before.





The kiddos all played in the new touch exhibits near the entrance and then we rode some rides before it was lunch time.  Blip seems to be a little daredevil.  He always loves the rides.  I had to watch (because I'm pregnant), but even that's fun.  Blip always has a huge smile on his face.  He's always so happy…I just love him.  There is no way to be unhappy around him.




We headed over to our lunch…we had a large group, so we didn't get front row seating.  I would definitely do "Dine with Shamu" again, but I would break up our group to get a front row seat.  The food was served buffet style and it was actually really good!  They had a few choices for kiddos, everyone, and a dessert table.  They had salads, different meats, pastas, etc.  It was definitely the best meal I've eaten at Sea World.






 After lunch we wandered around the rest of the park.  We hit up the sharks, polar bears, the rays, the penguins, etc.  Everyone wanted to go on the Manta roller coaster, so I decided it was the perfect time to get Blip to take a nap.  Luckily, he also thought it was a good time to take a nap.  We found a shady spot…he slept while I rested.  The weather was beautiful.







 We wandered around the park for a long time looking at the different exhibits.  Ryan and Kristi went on Atlantis a couple times and the rest of us meandered around the park.  






The boys wanted to play some of the games, so that's where we headed.  Carsen and Jake played a ring toss game, but weren't lucky enough to win.  Mike and Blip played another game…they tried to use a hammer to toss a frog into a lily pad. It was fun, but ended quickly.  Carsen even tried to win at the claw game (which he normally wins), but no such luck.





And then we were done. Mike and I loaded Blip into the car and started heading for home.  We were all starving, but in separate cars.  We ended up stopping at In-n-Out (for us) and Burger King (for Blip) on our way home.  We all devoured the food…even Blip. He at every nugget and every fry he could get his hands on.  And Mike ordered us Neapolitan shakes…Yum!  Our day was long, but fun.  I loved spending it with Richelle, Kristi, and all the boys.

No comments: