We picked Anthony up around 7:30am and headed toward the beach house in San Diego. We never let Blip watch movies while we are in the car, so he was thrilled to get the opportunity. I'm not against movies in the car, but I am against movies needing to be on constantly while in the car…especially on short trips like to school, church, the grocery store, etc. The TV is on enough at home, and I don't see Blip enough as it is…so we like to sing and dance and chit chat when we're in the car together. I sat in the back with Blip…Anthony sat up front with Mike.
Anywho…we stopped for lunch in Yuma…I made the request to NOT eat fast food (i.e. McDonald's), so I looked up where a Chipotle and we headed there. When we turned in to the area to find the Chipotle…Mike noticed a Kneaders. I was so excited! We ate yummy sandwiches from kneaders and enjoyed eating good food on a road trip. Now I won't mind knowing we have to stop in Yuma to eat on our way to/from San Diego.
We made it to the beach house in the early afternoon. We walked to the park, walked out on the pier, played on the beach, and had our customary first night huge pizza dinner. We also walked to 7-11 while we waited for our pizza…Blip got his first icee on 7-11…from 7-11, but we missed the free ones. Oh well…they still tasted yummy.
After dinner Blip wrestled with Hayden and Saku (Troy and Evie's son) while Mike's anxiety of sleeping on an air mattress grew and grew. I borrowed Regina's computer (since our stuff was not unpacked or out of the car) and found us a hotel room. We were going to stay at the new Marriott down the block, but we thought we'd better find a room with two separate rooms (like a Residence Inn), so Blip could sleep while we showered and whatever else (nothing fun…I was on restriction still).
We found our way back to the beach house after breakfast. The car was unloaded, and I moved us into the beach hut for a wonderful, work-free week of vacation on the beach.

















No comments:
Post a Comment