Saturday, October 5, 2013

Boots

At my dad's 70th birthday party we all sat and talked with my Grandma Joyce about the years surrounding my dad's birth.  Her marriage to Tuffy, his death, raising my dad and my Uncle Ronnie on her own until she married my Grandpa Fred...ya know...the good stuff that will be gone someday.  I remember pictures of my dad wearing cowboy boots when he was little boy.  He still loves boots...always has.  My grandma said my dad started wearing boots when he was younger than Blip...and that was enough for me.  He owned his first pair the very next day.





He walks funny in them...it's too cute.  He is so happy and content so much of the time that he has never had a real favorite toy.  He LOVES his blanket and Henry, but he's usually just fine if one or both aren't nearby.  I thought he might become attached to his boots, but not quite yet.



He does wear his new rain boots just about every time he goes out back.  They are the perfect boot for the muddy backyard.  The weather has been so beautiful the last few weekends that we wake up, have breakfast, and then we play outside.  It's where Blip wants to be...he is the most content running around outside.







We even finished gating the pool...it only took 5-6 months to get this project done.  Originally we only gated in the patio area...which I still love.  However, when we are out in the yard...the pool is a gigantic, annoying magnet.  Blip can't stay away from that water if he actually tried!  



I asked Mike to please add some fencing to make our lives easier...and more peaceful.  Now if Blip would stop trying to play with Daddy's boat...life would be gooood.  I love the way this turned out...and we love that it's not permanent.

1 comment:

Ana said...

I'm so happy to see that you are back!!! I was worried about you, I haven't see any post from you since July. I really hope you and your family were fine and that you only needed to take a break.

PS: Blip is so big, He's so handsome!