On Saturday Mike worked off duty all morning, and then he made plans to take his mom to dinner to celebrate. We met Ken and Pat at Carrabba's for an early dinner...and Mike had called ahead to reserve us a spot. We walked right in and were seated immediately. (When we left the waiting area was packed and tons of people were also waiting outside....so glad we got there early!) We had a great server, and we were all happy with the food and the company. Blip ate most of my Chicken Marsala (like normal), we enjoyed each other's company, and got my favorite dessert to go.
Mike worked his regular off duty job Saturday night, so Sunday morning I got up with Blip and let Mike sleep. Blip and I came downstairs to my gift- a gift certificate for a spa day with my sisters!! Mike woke up after a couple hours, and we had a lazy day around the house...by mid-afternoon I knew nothing had been planned for the day. I was kinda bummed, but I had asked Mike not to make reservations for a super expensive meal again this year. Last year was fun (and the food was great), but we didn't need to spend the money.
I went upstairs and took a nap while Mike figured out what to do for dinner. He ended up picking up some yummy food from AJ's. We had BBQ chicken kabobs, bacon wrapped asparagus, yummy potatoes, and broccoli salad (Blip's new favorite food). Dinner was delicious!
After dinner, we went to my parents' house to see my mom for a few minutes. We stayed longer than we expected, but had a really nice visit. My dad even fixed us all a big piece of strawberry short cake...it was yummy.
We received a late-night flower delivery on Mother's Day. Mike's parents sent me flowers, but the delivery we received was for someone else. The flowers were very nice, but not what Mike's mom had sent (or paid for). The next day Pat had a conversation with the florist...and I'm a little confused about what was said, but I received a second delivery on Monday. The arrangement was beautiful...and exactly what my mother-in-law originally intended me to receive. The whole thing was comical for us (especially receiving a love note intended for the mother of someone else's children), but frustrating for the gift givers...and I would have been frustrated, too. :)
[...and I'm typing this as my own child is screaming his fool head off refusing to go to bed...he's over-tired, and he's getting sick...all while teething four pretty painful looking teeth. I still feel blessed...a little. :)]





No comments:
Post a Comment