Saturday, June 22, 2013

Balls

A friend of mine was selling a small bag of colorful balls (the kind used in a ball pit) for a few bucks, so I got the idea of making a small, quasi-controllable, fun, new plaything for Blip. In my head I envisioned a small baby pool...the hard plastic kind they sell for a few bucks at Walmart Target Fry's Walgreens...I'm sure you can see where this idea went.  I ended up with small inflatable pool.  It was the size I wanted (about 36" in diameter), and when it all came together it was exactly what I wanted.



Blip LOVES balls, but dislikes most toys.  I'm hoping once he can see objects close-up that he will quickly develop his (lacking) fine motor skills...and want to play with us and the toys like crazy. And I don't just mean the balls or cars. 


When he saw what we had for him, he got super excited....kicking his legs and giggling like crazy.  He played in the balls for a few minutes and then got in/out/in/out/etc for while longer.  He loved it!



Mike ran to grab us dinner, so I thought I'd get a start on my list of chores I needed to work on.  I brought the little pool into the family room and turned Rio on...he was in Heaven.

No comments: