Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Bunch of Cuteness

I really feel like I have become a complete slacker when it comes to my little blog...which means my family journal is not being kept up.  I need to be better about writing things down and taking the time to make updates often.  I love my mother's journals, so I want to do better about documenting the little things for when I'm gone.  (Hopefully not anytime soon!)

There are so many cute things that Blip does everyday.  I could probably fill a blog with just those things.  Having camera phones makes it easy to snap a kabillion pictures of our favorite little man doing anything and everything.


****






He slept swaddled or in the sling until a month or two ago, so having all this freedom while sleeping is new to Blip.  We often find him in these fun positions.

****






We have two cupboards in the kitchen that are not locked.  A cupboard with all of his stuff and the tupperware cupboard.  He pulls everything out several times a day.  Now that he can reach and open the drawers, those locks need to be installed asap.  He likes to hang from the open drawers...not good when they are possibly the cheapest cabinets ever made. Ever.

****









The boy likes to watch a movie every now and again.  His seating positions have changed from his bouncy seat and his swing to his slide and truck...and now the couch gets some love too.

****





Climbing is a new favorite thing Blip is trying to master.  We've been "lucky" that we've gotten this far without our sweet baby turning into Mr. Destructo.  His lack of sight...and lack of many other little things because of his lack of sight...has kept some of the destruction away.  I think those days are coming to an end. It's exciting...mostly because he's been limited and held back without any of us knowing.
****


Blaze has become Blip's little buddy this Summer.  He tags along with his mom 4 days a week during ISR lessons, so they get quite a bit of time to play together.  Gisele is kind enough to let Blaze come inside and play a lot!  I'm sure Blip LOVES having Blaze around.  He is our little social butterfly.

**** 


I got this picture one day while I was at work.  I guess Blip crawled over, opened the fridge, and decided what he wanted for breakfast.  He's such a character.

****


Mike brought home donuts for breakfast last weekend.  He bought a chocolate frosted one with sprinkles for the boy.  He had a couple bites of the actual donut, but mostly he just ate off the frosting and sprinkles...and then tossed the unfrosted donut chunks onto the floor.

****


We have this extra sunscreen on Blip's car window to help block out the sun.  A few weeks ago he started lifting the bottom of it up to get a better look out the window.  He does it now throughout every drive we take.  He will lift it and look....let it go and sit back...and then repeat over and over.  We get a good laugh out of this little game.

****

No comments: