Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NYE

Mike and I keep saying we can't believe it's going to be 2013 at least a thousand times this weekend.  Where did 2012 go..??  And why did it go so quickly..??  Without question...2012 was THE fastest year of my entire life.  It flew by...and the days seemed to come and go with a blink of an eye.

We decided to spend New Year's Eve at home...to keep it safe, low key, and the baby's bedtime.  Yep.  That's us...the new parents who are already OLD.  And we are quite happy about it.



We met Patrick, Sarah, Molly, Tucker and David for dinner at Zinburger at the Biltmore.  While we were there we stopped by the Apple store and purchased an Apple TV (box).  We are canceling DirecTV this week, and everything is finally in place to do so.  We have HD antennas on all three TV's in the house, we have the Apple TV and the PS3 hooked up to our main TV in the family room, and for the TV in the playroom and the TV in our bedroom we bought Blu-Ray players with wi-fi.  The wi-fi enables us to watch Netflix and Hulu+ on those TV's.  The Apple TV enables us to watch those two things PLUS whatever we are watching on any of our Apple devices (iPad, iPhones, or MacBook).  So we can watch TV shows from the networks website whenever it's a good time for us, just like a DVR (kinda)...and on our nice big screen instead of the laptop.


We. Are. Excited.

Okay.  I'm super excited.  I think Mike is slightly afraid.  And Blip just wants to eat his toes.



Anyway...dinner was awesome.  I love that place...and the food is always good.  The shakes are some of the best I've ever had.  We sat on the patio under a heater, and everyone seemed to stay warm enough.

We were done with dinner and home by 7pm.  The baby was bathed, smooched, and in bed by 9pm.  We sat and talked with David until after the ball dropped.  We love David...and we love when he comes to visit.  He lives in Austin, TX....I would REALLY like to visit him next.

The baby woke up extremely early on New Year's Day...at least for our baby.  He woke up at 8am.  Mike was the best husband EVER and got up with him...and let me sleep.  I was so dang tired.  Mike said the baby needed a diaper change in a serious way, which is probably why he woke up.  After a couple hours, the baby went down for a nap, so Mike came back to bed.  Blip slept for a bit and when he woke up, I got up with him.



Mike made the four of us (David is staying at our place) blueberry pancakes and eggs for breakfast...the baby LOVES breakfast food.  After I got the kitchen cleaned up, we all got ready for the day (the remainder of the day?).



We drove up to the community park in Anthem to take Blip on the train.  It was freezing cold, but we bought our tickets and took the ride.  The train was fun!  Blip is so super serious the first time he does anything.  It's like he has to take it all in before he can enjoy it.  We were too cold to wait the 30 minutes until the next ride, so we left and found some Mexican food for dinner.


Sydney and Neal stopped by to say goodbye.  They have to leave and head back to Rexberg tomorrow morning.  We have had so much fun with them the last week or so.  It was fun to spend time with Sydney...I have missed her so much.  It was a lot of fun for me to watch her love on Blip.  I miss spending time with her often...and know she would be here to help with the baby if they lived in Phoenix.  I know Rexberg is where they need to be, so I tried not to be sad in front of Sydney...but I can't wait until they move back here.  And I can't wait to see her again.



Our day was fun, but quick.  I have high hopes for 2013...and hope that everything continues to fall into place as time passes.    Our goals this year include paying off some debt (including the baby loan, our one car loan, etc.), getting in shape, celebrating Mike's 40th birthday on a cruise boat ALONE (hence the getting in shape goal), and starting on another baby.  We *hope* that doesn't include another loan and another 175 shots in my gut (and butt), but if so...we're mentally prepared to do it again.  I'm sure there are more goals, but those sound pretty good for now.

I will say this:

I am so thankful I finally finished my New Years goal from December 31st, 2008...and again in 2009.



2012 was the most amazing year of my entire life.  I've grown and learned so much with Mike by my side.  I absolutely love being a mother.  I've never been tasked with something as important as motherhood, but I look forward to the challenge every single day.  I love my little boy so much, and I am looking forward to what this year will bring for him and our family.  We are truly blessed.  I'm thankful for Mike's support, and I'm thankful he's always there to hold my hand.  I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else...and I just love watching him be a daddy.  This next year will be full of growth and change...and I can't wait.

2 comments:

Carol said...

2012 was a truly amazing year for you guys!!

Carol said...

2012 was a truly amazing year for you guys!!