skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I do believe it's a rite of passage...everyone must be bathed in the kitchen sink at least once. When McKenna and Bella turned one, I remember they took their turn in Grumpaw's kitchen sink. They each got a side...and they were too cute. I will have to find that picture. The closest to twins our family has (so far).
Blip took his (first) turn last night. Mike was asleep in our room, and I didn't want to wake him. Yes...we do have two other bathrooms...both with bathtubs, but neither is set-up for Blip and the sink just seemed like less hassle.
I cleaned the sink, grabbed his yummy smelling soap from the diaper bag, filled up the sink, stripped him down...and put him in. He was confused...and almost cried, but quickly realized he was actually having fun.
Blip does a new thing in the tub. He tries to drink the bathwater...he is usually quite successful. Gross. He tried to bend down to drink the bathwater in the sink, but he couldn't figure out how. So when I turned the faucet on to rinse Blip, he quickly took advantage...and began drinking the water straight out of the tap. It has to be better than dirty bath water, right?
Our nights are usually so peaceful, like before. We have our routine and then Blip goes down without a fight...he rarely cries, and if he isn't quite ready to fall asleep, talks to Henry for a bit. I'm so thankful we are back to our happy place.
No comments:
Post a Comment