Friday, November 9, 2012

Food

The last couple of weeks have really involved some changing for Blip.  Aside from his sleep (or lack there of), his eating habits are maturing.  He is wanting to feed himself more and more...and he has pretty much perfected the pincer grasp.  He has not perfected getting the food all the way into his mouth, but he sure does like to try.


He's been eating the Gerber Puffs and Cheerios for a while now, but now he's eating other chunks of food too.  I started feeding him the chunkier baby foods, but he gags himself until he throws up.  I tried different foods, more chunky, less chunky....he just tossed his cookies with every new meal.  So I waited...and then tried them all again.  

More gagging.  More puking.

Awesome.


We tried the pancakes and eggs earlier this week...and it seemed to work.  When I got home from running errands this morning, Blip had already eaten, but I thought I would feed him a few chunks of chicken from my sandwich.  He LOVED it.


So tonight for dinner I tried cut-up green beans and macaroni and cheese.  Who doesn't like that?  He liked the green beans...at least the ones that made it in his mouth and not in his chair.  But by the time the macaroni was ready, he just started crying.  So I got out a spoon, sat down and tried to spoon feed him the macaroni.  He immediately spit it out...and started to scream.


I grabbed one of his favorite things...blueberry yogurt with oatmeal.  He ate the entire thing...and then started screaming.  So I got out on of the chunkier baby foods to try.  I grabbed a Sweet Potato Bisque...just the look of the texture was more than enough for me, but he wanted me to shovel it into his mouth.  If I wasn't going fast enough, he screamed.


When we finished both of those he happily started picking at his green beans and macaroni.  I also cut up a meatball with marinara sauce for him to try.  He LOVED it! (Note to self: pureed meat = very bad. Meatball = very good.)


So I guess he will get a mixture of baby food and regular food for the time being.  Whatever makes him eat, we can do.  At least this was an easy one.

No comments: