Saturday, November 3, 2012

Back at FTC

Today we spent the afternoon at The Fertility Treatment Center's annual Family Reunion Picnic.  Every year the staff puts on a picnic...complete with music, a petting zoo, bounce houses, etc.  

We skipped it last year...with bed rest and no baby yet.  We thought it was best to just wait until Blip arrived.

THIS year...we received a personal phone call requesting our presence.  We had already planned to go, but that sealed the deal.

We arrived a little late, but since Blip can't do any of the "fun stuff" yet it didn't really matter. 

We found Dr. Behera and her medical assistant, Serena.  We love both of them so much!!  They were super excited to see us...the feeling was definitely mutual.  

Lisa, the PR girl, found us and asked if we'd sit down and have a "testimonial" interview video taped.  I was only hesitant because I don't do that kinda stuff, but I knew Mike would be great...and be right next to me.  I didn't catch the PR guy's name, but he was great.  Dr. Behera sat through the interview, so it was nice to honestly be able to tell HER how much we love and appreciate her.  She is amazing...and has changed SO many lives.  The work she does is truly necessary...and we are so very thankful for true talent, years of education, endless medical school loans...and amazing ability to do what she does.


She changed our lives.  We will be forever grateful for what she has done for us.  And it's more than just Blip.  It was the HOPE of Blip.  It was the peace she was able to provide...no matter what the outcome.  She has an amazing ability to calm...to make everything seem less awful...she just has the ability to care.  I'm sure I'm not explaining myself correctly, but she is amazing.   We never felt like we were just her "patients".

If I didn't make an ass of myself, I will post the link to the testimonial when it gets added to the site. So don't count on me posting the link.  I just don't like to be on camera....it's weird.

1 comment:

Lauren Bendix said...

So awesome to see her with your miracle!