Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Turning 32

Over the weekend, I turned 32.  I hate that the number keeps getting larger, but it seems that, for me, the larger the number...the better my life.  I mostly hate that my number keeps moving up because it means my dad's number has moved too...and I'm not ready for all that.


This birthday was quite uneventful.  I am usually spoiled with a birthday WEEK, but this year the only true spoiling is all aimed at Blip.  With just giving birth...and adjusting to having a baby...I'm still shocked it's March.  


Anyway...I started my birthday celebration on Thursday.  I had lunch with Rob and Blip at the Cheesecake Factory.  I had the best Ahi salad...yum!!  We shared tiramisu for dessert...yum!!  I was shocked when I opened my present...two Madonna tickets for when she's here in October!!  I have always wanted to see Madonna live...so these tickets were a HUGE surprise and I am SUPER excited for October!!


On Friday...I got my next surprise...a cookie bouquet from my Prettiest Sister!!  I was definitely NOT expecting that, but it was tasty!! :)



On Saturday...I was surprised with beautiful flowers from my in-laws.  Again...totally unexpected, but they were a fun surprise.




After listening to a poem, I opened Mike's gift and found an apple.  The fruit...but my Apple was delivered on Monday.  Mike splurged and bought my an iPad!!  I have been wanting one for soooo long...I am excited to finally have one of my own!!  It will make life a lot happier when we are both on the couch and we both want to be on-line!!




Saturday afternoon, we headed to my dad's house for a birthday party.  Richelle picked up Macayo's take-out and Carlys made a cake.  I love my family, so this was the perfect way to celebrate turning 32.




Mike wanted to take me out to a nice dinner, but I told him I didn't have anything to wear...which for the first time in my life is the damn truth.  I've lost 30 pounds since Blip was born, but that barely covers the IVF weight gain...so I have a long way to go.  A really long way.






My birthday this year was very low key, but it was fun to spend it with not only my big family, but my perfect little family too.  I really love being a mom and can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with my sweet husband and my son.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

That last picture is golden. :)