Sunday, March 25, 2012

First (Second & Third) Smile

Blip smiled his first real, non-gas smile on Friday.  It was, of course, unexpected and it happened too quickly to capture, but it did happen.  It just didn't happen to be directed to his mother.


Nope.


Blip smiled his first toothless grin at Richelle.  And he quickly did it a second time at Nana.  No smiles for Mom.


On Sunday morning Mike was changing the baby's diaper and getting him dressed while I finished getting ready.  I wandered into the baby's room and told Mike we should try and get Blip to smile for both of us at the same time...so neither one of us had to be first or miss it.


We both bent down close to the baby's face (he was on the changing table) and started baby talking and making faces.  I'm not sure if he thought we were funny or just stupid and desperate, but it worked.


We got one super cute, very quick smile from our sweet boy.


So far that's it, but it still made my day.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Awesome.

Smathers House of Girls said...

baby smiles are the best. Violet is 4 months old and smiles all the time but as soon as I get the camera out, she's done. I did get video giggles though. All these babies are getting big so quick!