Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ice Cream Cone

We had dinner with our good friends the other night at Red Robin.  I am having an issue with needing chocolate lately...and I hate chocolate, so I blame the baby.  I decided instead of a chocolate shake I wanted to stop and get some Thrifty Ice Cream on our way home. Mmmm....chocolate malted crunch!! (and a scoop of mint chip for good measure, right?)


Mike is very sweet and obliged.  Unfortunately, we pulled up as they were locking the door.  Damn.


I asked Mike to take me to Baskin Robins as a pretty decent alternative.  I can always be super happy with a scoop of chocolate & peanut butter and a scoop of mint chip.  31 Flavors closes at 10pm, so I knew we'd be safe.


We walked inside and I must have looked excited....the guy behind the counter immediately mentioned they were out of mint chip!!!  That about took the wind out of my ice cream happiness sails.  I thought for a second...and asked if I could purchase a pre-packed quart of mint chip...and then he could scoop out a scoop for me into a waffle cone with my scoop of chocolate & peanut butter.


He looked at my belly....and told me, "Sure!"


I grabbed a quart of mint chip (and one of chocolate & peanut butter for good measure) and handed them over.  He made me my waffle cone...and fixed what Mike ordered, we paid and were off.


Mike thought it was hilarious.


I thought it was completely normal...and very smart.



No comments: