Monday, January 2, 2012

Blip's Place

Mike and I have been collecting items for Blip's nursery since June.  I ordered the furniture for the nursery in July...we picked it up in the beginning of October.  We've had the crib mattress, the bedding (since 2009), new sheets, the rocking chair, and many other assorted pieces we've picked up along the way.  The collection took up all of our upstairs landing...and ALL of the other stuff we have for the baby is stacked in the living room. 



Our house has literally been overtaken by Blip's new stuff.  I think he has more than we do.




I asked my sister-in-law Anna if she would paint the nursery.  She is one of the most talented, artistic people I have ever met.  Add my brother-in-law Kurt (her hubby) in to the mix and you have two of the most talented, artistic people on the planet.  I knew whatever Anna painted would turn out simply amazing.




I really didn't know what I wanted....other than a sky with clouds.  Anna added a couple bumblebees that match the bedding...and they are perfect!!  I love them.  It's very simple...just like I like.  I still need to add curtains, some artwork, etc., but the nursery is coming right along.  I am excited about all of it.  I also asked Anna for some ideas on how to do a Hungry Caterpillar themed playroom.  I never thought she'd want to paint that room too, but she did her thing in there too.  I just love how it turned out!!




Tonight, our dads came over to put up the fan/light and to assemble the crib.  I have been anxiously awaiting this day since we started trying to get pregnant...and that was a LONG time ago.  




Carlys ironed all the bedding, so it was ready to put on the bed as soon as was done.  I finally got to sit in my rocking chair...and just be in Blip's room.  I loved it.




There are quite a few more things that need to be done, but for now I am just happy.  It's fun to see the furniture in person.  I had only seen it in pictures...and it's been in boxes for months. I'm glad we waited until just the right moment to open it.



I started my first load of Blip's laundry tonight too.  I started with towels and blankets...I will slowly move to his clothing.  I don't know why I am so hesitant to wash his clothes, but I am.  I figure I can fold and out away all of his towels, washcloths and blankets in the linen closet.  Then I can move on to his tiny clothes.  I can't wait to organize everything!! :)




I also have A LOT to do in the playroom.  Mostly just organizing and finding the things I want to put in there.  I already know how I want to finish decorating in there, I just have to wait until I have Blip's first photo-shoot with Natty to be able to finish it.




We also have several things that need to be put together...the swing and such.  I think they are all things we can manage between us....it just feels so strange that the time is already here.

No comments: