Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blip's Growth

Today we had another growth ultrasound.  Before we left, we begrudgingly made one more appointment for one month from now...even though nobody believes Blip will still be growing inside of me in four more weeks.  One can hope, right?


When I arrived, I signed in and requested that I not have the chick that did our scan last time.  She was awful.  We had her once before....and she was awful then too.  I did not want her awfulness ruining my week.  I felt quite bitchy asking not to have her, but she was really awful.


We got our favorite, Terri.  She's had us the most...and she is just as excited to see Blip as we are.  She loves to let us look at his face for a long time...she always points out how he sticks his tiny tongue out.  


Today she pointed out the little bit of hair he has growing on his head...she guessed it was no more than "peach fuzz".  Mike and I were both bald and my heart burn has not been as unbearable as I've heard about, so peach fuzz sounds about right.


She also pointed out his chubby cheeks...the ones I can't wait to kiss.


The baby was very quiet today.  He's normally very active, but he only moved a few times during the 20-25 minute ultrasound.  He was doing his "practice breathing" (with the amniotic fluid) the entire time, so Terri could not measure his belly.


She was able to get the couple of measurements needed to tell us how he is measuring in totality.  Today I am 34 weeks 4 days...Blip was measuring 33 weeks and 4 days.  He hasn't been behind an entire week until now.  Since his growth was a concern of the  Perinatologist's, I am wondering what's next.  I meet with Dr. T tomorrow, so hopefully I will know more then.

No comments: