Thursday, January 19, 2012

9 Months Pregnant

Today made 36 weeks pregnant.  I can't believe we made it this far!!  I am super excited, but I am so ready to be done.  Over the last week or so, I have been experiencing the reasons women complain about their comfort level while pregnant...heart burn, dislocated ribs (it really feels that way), no sleep, peeing constantly, etc.)


I think I feel pretty good.  My ovaries are still at least double what they should be...not sure how much they add to my pain, but there is a definite difference between discomfort and pain,


I met with Dr. T on Tuesday.  I haven't dilated at all, but that's good for the baby, for now.  Blip is measuring small.  He's in the 13th percentile at just under 5 lbs.  Dr. T said at this time we have nothing to worry about.  It is not abnormal for IVF babies to be born a bit smaller, but 6 lbs isn't any smaller than normal, non-IVF babies in my family.  



I will continue to do my NSTs and AFIs (to measure my amniotic fluid levels) twice a week to ensure that Blip's smaller size is not because the placenta stopped working properly.  I didn't like to hear this, but so far, everything appears to be functioning properly...and it could just be that he's small.


I have been having back cramps (like awful period cramps).  They aren't my favorite part so far...especially since I can't take any decent medicine to dull the ache.  Oh well.  Dr. T said this is normal...even though my body hasn't progressed any.


My feet and hands are still swollen.  My hands always look awful, but my feet look best when I stay off them.  Both my hands and my feet fall asleep a lot...the tingly, pins and needles feeling was annoying the first time.  It's so bad it wakes me up at night.  Weird.


My blood pressure is still going up and down.  It's averaging around 140/85.  Higher than we'd like, but it hasn't gone much higher than that, so no immediate concern about that.





As of our appointment this week (I was 35 weeks 5 days), we are hoping to go until Blip is ready to come on his own.  I will be honest...I hope he is ready as soon as we hit 37 weeks.  I am hoping Dr. T will induce me at 39 weeks if everything stays as it is right now.  I would hope for 38 weeks, but I need more significant medical issued to arise for that to happen.  I've read that normally IVF babies come early on their own, but I haven't done anything normally thus far, so....we'll see.


I have been mentally preparing myself to go back to work when Blip is 6 weeks old (8 if c-section), but the closer I get to having this baby...the harder it seems to leave him that soon.  Ugh.  Stupid modified bed rest....it so screwed me.  Oh well...it is what it is.  I can't change anything, so I need to figure out how to deal with it.


I have no complaints.  I have never been happier than I am right now.  Happy, but terrified...and excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making 36 weeks! That is amazing considering what you have been through and doing bed rest this entire time. Kudos to you, that is tough! Can't wait to hear that he has come, I hope for your sake that it is sooner than later.

Melissa said...

Yay! Good for you!

rymiembeal said...

You are so beautiful! I'm so glad that you are ok. Working on getting Carlys back to you asap!