Monday, September 28, 2009

Moving Day

I time spent a few weeks before we expected to move packing a few boxes here and there. My Prettiest Sister came over to help a couple of times...I was doing pretty good. After we signed papers for the house, all of our attention was then focused on making the new house ready to be lived in. That made it a lot harder to find the time and the energy to pack up the old house. Not to mention, we were running out of room as I added boxes...
Moving day finally arrived. I thought I had prepared well and had nearly everything packed...boy was I wrong. (At least partially.) Luckily, the day before the big move, Mike's parents came out to help me pack and take care of a few projects that needed done pre-move. They helped more than I can say and made everything the next day much easier.
The movers showed up and 12+ hours later, they had safely wrapped and loaded everything into a 53' semi-trailer, hauled it 52.5 miles, unloaded it and carried each box and each piece of furniture to where it belonged, collected a large sum of money & off they drove. Mike, his dad Ken & I also loaded our vehicles with the stuff that couldn't really be packed...we were exhausted (so those movers must have been dying).

While the movers moved us in, I put together our bed so we'd have a place to crash when the time came. That time did not come until many hours after the movers left... Luckily, a few of my family members were waiting for the moving truck to arrive and also participated in the move. Even Sydney got to drive over (yay!) and spend a few hours helping.
(side note: Syd is AMAZING!! She is THE best helper!! She has come over twice to help and HELP she does!! She will do any task or run and get anything or do whatever she is asked...she NEVER complains and always asks to do more. I can't believe she is a senior this year...she is the best teenager anyone could ask for. )
Mike & I were home from work all week to get things in order. Since last Wednesday (09/23/09) we have been up before 8am and worked until after midnight each day. not to mention both of our dad's have been helping with various projects, our brother-in-law Mark has helped with numerous projects & my mom has helped tremendously (she is really good at this crap).

We are still living in chaos, but it seems to be organized chaos at this point. The family room is somewhat organized and we can sit on the couch and watch TV (if we ever sat down for a minute)...our bedroom is mostly organized too. The TV is hung and we can walk without kicking boxes. Our closets need more attention, but I will work on those some time this week.

The kitchen is organized enough that I could cook a few things tonight. I don't know where anything is yet, but it was still fun to use my new convection oven, new sink and my huge island!! I love to cook and this kitchen already makes me excited to think about learning to bake!! I can't wait to make sugar cookies with our kids on that island!! *sigh*

The three bathrooms are mostly put together too. The each need a piece or two to be completed, but mostly I just need to finish putting this or that on the wall. I got the guest bedroom (Raelynn calls it "MY room" and can't wait to stay) mostly put together. I am waiting to come across another box or two so I can finish that room.

I am super excited and already LOVE this house. I can't wait to raise our family here!! It's such a fabulous place and I can't believe the difference a little bit of love & a whole lotta money can do to a place!!

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

Congrats. It looks amazing. Can't wait to see more pictures:)

Carol said...

ok the red walls look AMAZING, i love the tan color you picked and even enjoy the new light fixture taht i can barely see hanging - the house does not look like the last time i saw it at all!!

Willyerd Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys!