Monday, July 13, 2015

The Beach: Day 5

On Monday we left the baby with Aunt Chelle and took Blip to Legoland.  We had never been, but thought it would be a nice change from what we did the last two summers (Sea World & the zoo).  I heard that Legoland is really only for little kiddos, so if we didn't take Blip this summer...there would be no reason to ever take him.  Well...once we were there and inside the park looking for things to do...we realized there really was no reason to take him there ever.  But we were there, so we decided to make the best of it.  I wish we had brought our stuff for the water park, but decided not to bring it.  We decided that we'd spend one day in the regular park and one day at the water park.  Blip ended up with a new swum suit and flip flops out of that mistake, but I'm sure he needed them anyway.








We road a boat around a little lake looking at random lego-made things.  The first thing I noticed was that they were all filthy and covered COVERED in spider webs.  Gross.  I doubt they've been cleaned since the park opened.  No joke.  After that I couldn't stop looking at all the stuff made from legos and how FILTHY it all was. None of it was clean.  And none if it appeared to have ever been cleaned.  The spider webs didn't stop there...they also covered the "rollercoaster" tracks.  Not sure how you test or maintain the tracks when they are covered in dirt and spider webs...how safe.




Some of the employees told us each different things about height restrictions/requirements, so we were a bit frustrated, but found several rides to ride.  I would say most of the rides were more equivalent to a fair, but Blip is little enough that we still had fun.  He wanted so badly to go on Thunder Mountain, but he was happy to ride whatever we found for him.



We ended up at a huge water-filled playground type area.  It looked really fun, so we bought Blip some new digs and he was on his way.  He found a slide that he really liked, but didn't quite understand the waiting on his own.  There was a lifeguard to help, but he didn't notice the long line behind her...so he just sat himself down and away he went.  He did it a few times before she stopped him...then we grabbed on to him and tried to explain what he needed to do.  He would wait a few minutes...then go run around and do something else...then go back (to the end of the line) and wait a few minutes before running off again.  He did that a few times before getting frustrated that the line never moved.  He had no clue that he was his own problem.  We laughed and let him play until he was done.



We wandered around a while longer while he dried (we didn't think to by a towel) and ate some snacks.  Then he wanted to go on another ride, but found a big play area next to the dragon coaster.  We played there for a long time...then it was time to ride or go home. We rode the dragon coaster, then found a big slide we could all go on together (like the big yellow one at the fair every year!).  We did that a few times, rode two more things, and let him pick out a souvenir before heading back to the beach. 



Blip was asleep in the car before we left the parking lot.  Our drive home took a REALLY long time because we had to stop and pick up the baby's prescription I forgot in our fridge.  After at least 25 minutes (probably more) I was sent to another Walgreen's to get it. I ordered it to be there on Monday, but the tech ordered the wrong one, so the Pharmacist found another Walgreen's that carried what we needed.  We drove about 30 minutes north (the way we came from) to get it.  I was inside that Walgreen's for 15-20 minutes, but finally had her meds.  Then the drive home...and getting something to eat.  Holy crap...we didn't get back to the house until after 8pm.  I felt awful that my family had the baby the ENTIRE day!  And I missed her. And what a pain. 


Everyone was exhausted, so we headed to bed after that.  At that point, we were undecided on going back to use the other half of our tickets for the waterpark. Unfortunately, Blip did not let us forget that we WERE going to the waterpark.  He talked about it every day.

No comments: