Brandon and Christina came over with their two kiddos to borrow our quads. While they were loading them up, Blip decided he wanted to be one of the big kids and run crazy on the trailer with the other kids. Of course his crazy is a bit crazier then any older kid. And of course his balance and ability to catch himself is still a work in progress, so he had a few spills. Nothing major, but he was FILTHY by the time we went back inside. I noticed his hands look dirty, but didn't think anything of it until bath time.
I cleaned him up for dinner, but didn't go overboard knowing bath time was soon to follow. When Blip's hands didn't come clean (should have taken a before picture) I looked a lil bit closer…the "dirt" wasn't dirt. He had two hands FULL of splinters from the trailer. Ugh.
We called Aunt Chelle and the boys on FaceTime so someone could help distract him from the needle in his hand digging out a couple dozen splinters. Richelle and I reminisced about the time Ryan fell into Grandpa Red's (our next door neighbors before the Followwill's moved in) cactus garden…and all of the hurt it must have really been to both him and the parent who had to pull it all out of Ryan. Yikes!
I didn't get any pictures of his hands with all the splinters, but I dug over a dozen out of his hands. I did remember to take a picture of some of the actual splinters, but it hardly does it all justice. Some were big and some were small, but they were all deep and literally had to be dug out. He was brave. He talked about hurting his hands for days after this all happened, but he kept telling people he fell on rocks. The trailer is still sacred playing grounds, I guess.



No comments:
Post a Comment