Mother's Day this year seemed to sneak up on us. The days go so fast…it's hard to keep up.
The weekend before Mother's Day my entire family was at our house for Jake's Baptism festivities, so we gave Carlys her gift while we were all together. Regina took the lead on the gift this year, and it turned out awesome. We got her an Origami Owl necklace with some really cool charms inside…a CTR shield, a mixer, gardening supplies…and something else, but now I can't remember. I thought it was super cute, and Carlys seemed to love it too.
I am so blessed to have Carlys fill void and be my mother during this time of my life. She is wonderful to me (and Mike), and she is the best Nana I could ever imagine Blip having. I love her so very much, and I am thankful for all she does for us.
Mike usually tries to plan something with his mom on Saturday, so we met Ken & Pat at Texas Roadhouse for lunch. This seems to be becoming a regular holiday place for us. The parking lot pictures afterwards are my favorite.
I sure do love my mother-in-law. She has been very good to me…and is always kind to me. And she loves my boy…both of them. I know Mike loves his mama quite a bit.





No comments:
Post a Comment