Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

This year Mother's day fell on a weekend that Mike worked off duty Saturday night until 4am.  So there was no sleeping in for me, BUT since our rock star of a child sleeps in as often as possible…I can't come up with a valid complaint.  Plus…we woke up to this:




Mike's off duty job ends at 4am…and he's usually pretty dang tired by the time he finally walks in the door.  My sweet husband waited in the parking lot at LaMar's until 5:30am when they opened so he could surprise me (us) with our favorite donuts.  I know I was happy, but Blip was thrilled with his sprinkled surprise.



I hung out with Blip watching a movie and playing with his toys until it was time to wake up Daddy.





We spent the afternoon at the park enjoying the beautiful weather.  It was super windy, so Mike rode his bike home and grabbed our Minion kite.  We ran around, went down the slides, Blip wanted to swing…so we did that too.  And we finally got to fly our kite.









It was a laid back, very easy day.  It was nice.  Just the kind of day we long for around here.  I am blessed to be Blip's mom.  I have been blessed throughout my life to do and see many things.  But I have never known a happiness like this.  Being a mother is the greatest and most meaningful thing I have ever attempted.  I couldn't have been blessed with a better child…or a better husband/father to stand by my side and be my partner.

To add to my special day…







My most prized possession.  Isn't it beautiful..??

No comments: