Monday, January 13, 2014

Pillow Case

We bought Blip a little toddler sized pillow when he was about 20 months old.  He loved it instantly and sleeps with his head resting on it every night.  Richelle made her boys pillow cases for each holiday, so I made the plan in my head to do the same thing when I had kids.  About a month before Christmas, Blip and I went to JoAnn's to pick out some fabric for a Christmas pillow case.


We picked out material for a Christmas pillow case and some Monsters University fabric for an everyday pillow case.  I bought I light blue pillow case when I ordered his pillow, but he needed at least one extra in case it was dirty or he got sick…so Monsters worked perfectly.

That night, after I put Blip to bed, I set-up my sewing machine and got to work.  I figured it would take me about an hour, but nope…it took more than two hours.  How people make clothing is beyond me.  Luckily, I was able to use the same thread and bobbin for both pillow cases.  And I only ruined one…so luckily I bought a yard of fabric each (even though I really only needed half of a yard for the toddler pillow).



Christmas came and went…and in January I realized I would need to get started on the next holiday pillow case if I wanted to follow through with my plan.  Ugh.  Once I made it to JoAnn's (and made Mike and Blip come with me), I decided to be smart and make the next few pillow cases at the same time.  So we picked out fabric for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter.  And since we are taking Blip to Disneyland for his birthday this year…I bought some Mickey fabric and made a birthday pillow case too.

(Blip's Valentine's Day pillow case has owls on it.  When I put him in his bed he tells me, "whoo whoo"…because that's what owls say. I love him.)

No comments: