Monday, January 27, 2014

Down with the Sickness

Blip started going to daycare two afternoons a week last fall.  We have been happy with the facility and with the arrangements, but unhappy with the sickness that has been happening at our house.  I feel blessed to have kept my baby out of a daycare facility until he was about 20 months old.  However, the sickness that seems to creep up every few weeks does NOT make me happy.  Blip was sick three times in six weeks, but we were luckily in an off week during the holidays.


Mike was putting the baby to bed one night and called to me for help.  Blip had projectile vomited while Mike was rocking him before bed.  Fortunately for my rocking chair…Mike caught the majority of the vomit with himself.  Unfortunately for Mike…he caught the majority of the vomit.



I borrowed a cleaner from a friend to try out on my chair before putting out the money for my own.  It was easy to use and not too expensive, so I think we will purchase one the next time we need one.  The blueberry vomit even came out of my chair.  Whew.


Both Mike and Blip were so sick one day that I had to stay home to take care of them.  I had been up most of the night with the baby and didn't think Mike was well enough to care for a crazy toddler all day.  By the afternoon Blip didn't seem all that sick anymore.

After this three separate illnesses, we have had a healthy baby boy.  I guess he really isn't a baby anymore, but he'll always be my baby.

No comments: