Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

Nana wanted Blip to make a gingerbread house with the boys this year.  At first I agreed and was excited.  Then I thought about what a disaster the entire situation would end up being.  The scheduled time was during Blip's nap, so I was able to easily back out.  But then felt a little guilty and didn't want Blip to miss a fun time with Nana or the boys…so when his nap ended we drove over and joined the fun.



It was not quite the disaster I envisioned, but close.  The boys were almost done with their houses, so we didn't have to spend too long on Blip's.  It turned out cute…and Nana helped him make it super cute.  


Carsen, Jake, Brennan, Rylan (is that his name? I should know…he's one of my favorites!), and Raelynn all made cute houses.  I know for sure the RED one is Raelynn's.  As for the rest…who knows.






After the boys were all done, they headed out back to run around.  Blip went right on out there with them.  He totally thinks he's one of them.  And luckily for him…they treat him like he is.



One of Blip's favorite parts of the gingerbread house making experience- peppermint marshmallows.  He ate them until I was sure he'd be sick.  And then he tried to shove more in his mouth.





Next year will be better for this type of project.  Same with making sugar cookies and other goodies.  I'm glad we still did all that stuff…even if it was more of a headache and a way bigger mess.

No comments: