Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DL2013 - Day .5

This year our Disney trip had a few extra and very exciting components- Regina & Raelynn!!  Raelynn asked her sisters to take her to Disneyland for her 30th birthday.  We all agreed we would…and decided to combine our Christmas trip and her birthday trip into one.  There was noway to afford both trips, so this worked out best for everyone.  Or so we thought.

I've quickly learned that leaving home is A LOT more stressful with children.  I don't mean when the children come with you.  I mean when they are left behind.  Arranging everything is hectic (especially when you are type A, crazy, perfectionist with anxiety) enough with my position at work and making sure everything I have going on is taken care of, no court, etc.  We had an issue with the arrangements I made for the baby, but I was super lucky and those issues were quickly resolved.  By the time Carlys came to pick me up for the airport, I honestly felt like staying home would have been a hell of a lot less stressful.

I took a quazi-half day, but not really since I worked my entire way home…and then again while I was packing…and then again the next morning during breakfast.  Oh well…duty calls, I guess.  In the middle of arranging two arrests I somehow managed to throw a bunch of crap in two suitcases and zip them shut just before my ride pulled up.  We drove around the corner to our wonderful neighbor/old family friend's house to drop Blip off.  The Hall's have been lifesaver's for us in several occasions…there aren't enough words to thank them.  I hope they never move…and that we can somehow build a gate between our backyards.

I left Blip while he was screaming for me.  Luckily for me we were late and Lisa is amazing.  I didn't have time to be me…we had to go.  We got to the airport, checked our bags, and got through security only to find out the weather everywhere else in the country was screwing up travel everywhere.  We left really late, but it ended up being perfect…Kristi's plane landed only a few minutes before ours did.  So Robyn only had to make one trip to the airport…with lots of laps.

We made it to the hotel and were happy and carefree when Richelle realized we left one of her bags at the airport!  Holy crap!  As soon as she said it I realized we never grabbed it.  I had completely forgotten about it until she said something about it at the hotel.  Soooo…we all loaded back into the car and drove back to the airport.  We got lucky and found the missing bag. Whew.


It was late by then, so we picked up some Taco Bell.  Or that may have been before the airport…I can't remember now.  

No comments: