Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday @ the Beach

We spent Wednesday lounging around.  Or at least that was the idea.  Having a toddler at the beach does make a "vacation" seem a lot like work…especially when he isn't able to walk, or stand.  I'm not sure we ever got to just sit and be on vacation.  I brought a book, but didn't even get to pick it up.  I loved (almost) every second of our week away, but I can't wait to go on an adult vacation with just Mike.




(Our beach houses are behind us.  The little one on the right is ours.)


We bought a sunshade for the beach.  I read about several different shades before ordering the one we bought.  It was only $50, so we figured if it sucked...it wasn't a huge loss.  It turned out to be perfect for our needs.  I think it will be even better next year when Blip is more into playing with the sand toys...and not so much into tasting the sand.




The baby loved LOVED the beach.  He loved crawling around in the sand, he loved the water, he loved the boys playing with him, he loved all of it.  He would have crawled up and down the beach all day long if we would have let him.  He loved being in the water with Mike, too.  The water wasn't as freezing cold as normal for most of the week, so that helped.


I bought a small blow-up pool to keep on the patio.  Blip enjoyed it for about 10 minutes per time…the same as everything else.  Luckily, we had his current favorite movie with us- "Despicable Me".  That kept everyone entertained most nights throughout dinnertime.  I'm glad the boys and Richelle love Blip enough to let us intrude on their vacation…watch our shows on their TV, share the food, etc.  He sure does love his boys…and he LOVES Aunt Chelle.  Blip and Raelynn have a good time together, too.






Richelle, Jake, Blip, and I loaded up in the Yukon and went to the outlets for a couple hours Wednesday evening. The outlets we go to has a New York and Company outlet.  NY&Co has been my favorite store for years, so when we found the outlet last year I was in heaven.  I found few items I was looking for and a few I wasn't, but spent under $200 for 16 items.  Not bad.  We also went in Gymboree, Oakley, and Nike.  It was late and nearly dark by that point, so we decided to head back to the beach house.

No comments: